can the GTX 1050 2GB handle all triple A titles at high?

cdgamerz

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
i already have this GPU. my cpu is an intel core i5 7400 and im planning to get a GTX 1070. can my current GPU (GTX 1050) handle every AAA title at high settings 60fps? i have 16GB DDR4 2400 MHZ. RAM

Solution
If you can afford it will provide a massive performance increase over the 1050. However you have to consider 2 things.

1)Your gaming resolution. If you play games only at FHD (1080p). The 1060 6GB is a more cost effective option.

2)In the summer Nvidia will probably introduce a new GPU family. This will definitely affect the prices and the value levels of all current graphic cards. So you may be able to get a new better GPU than 1070 with the same money or perhaps get a 1070 at the price of the GTX 1060 6GB.

If you can't wait till the July-August time frame and you want to game now at high resolutions proceed with the purchase of the GTX1070. Good luck.
I'm afraid it can't. At medium settings it may hit 50-60fps in some titles but not all of them. On top of its low performance, the GTX 1050 has only 2GB VRAM which is considered low by today's standards. All modern AAA titles recommend or require at least 4GBs. That said if your gaming resolution is low (720p), you may be able to get 60fps in a lot of modern games. However keep in mind that you won't be able to play games that need more than 2GB VRAM. Good luck.

If you can afford it will provide a massive performance increase over the 1050. However you have to consider 2 things.

1)Your gaming resolution. If you play games only at FHD (1080p). The 1060 6GB is a more cost effective option.

2)In the summer Nvidia will probably introduce a new GPU family. This will definitely affect the prices and the value levels of all current graphic cards. So you may be able to get a new better GPU than 1070 with the same money or perhaps get a 1070 at the price of the GTX 1060 6GB.

If you can't wait till the July-August time frame and you want to game now at high resolutions proceed with the purchase of the GTX1070. Good luck.

Solution
Overclocking may help but it won't change the overall performance numbers of your graphics card, 4-6 more fps won't do much. However in games that dip below 30fps, overclocking may help get over the 30fps barrier, thus making a certain game more playable. Finally overclocking won't have any effect in games that require more VRAM.