Can the HP Stream 13 run Sims 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seyahni

Reputable
Feb 20, 2015
I want a new laptop and so does my mom since she got her income taxes. We both really love sims and want a laptop that can run it. So i want to find out if Windows can run sims 4.

Solution

You may be able to run Sims 4, but the experience will be pretty bad. Recommended CPU is a 2.0GHz core 2 duo. The HP stream 13 only has a 2.16GHz Celeron processor (Core 2 Duo is better). The game also requires 2GB of memory, which is the exact amount of the HP Stream 13 so no multitasking. Lastly, the game requires at least 9 GB of storage space, while the HP Stream only has 32 GB total, you will be using rougly 28% of your storage space on ONE game.

I recommend looking at other solutions, if the ability to play Sims 4 is a deal breaker.

ASmith426

Honorable
Jan 15, 2015

You may be able to run Sims 4, but the experience will be pretty bad. Recommended CPU is a 2.0GHz core 2 duo. The HP stream 13 only has a 2.16GHz Celeron processor (Core 2 Duo is better). The game also requires 2GB of memory, which is the exact amount of the HP Stream 13 so no multitasking. Lastly, the game requires at least 9 GB of storage space, while the HP Stream only has 32 GB total, you will be using rougly 28% of your storage space on ONE game.

I recommend looking at other solutions, if the ability to play Sims 4 is a deal breaker.

Solution

Cayte28

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015
I have an HP Stream 11 , it will play The Sims 4, but I had to delete all of the bloatware and extras that were on the "Laptop".I also had to buy an external dvd/cdrom drive. (Which LG has a great one on Amazon for about $40.00).The graphics are not awesome.... but it will play The sims 4 and it does run smoothly, the only problem I have had is the fact that The HP Stream only has 32 GB of Space, and most is taken up with the bloatware, and automatic updates, so I had a real problem installing The Get to Work Expansion (which did install, and also plays fine), But I am only left with 1.10 GB after that. I am now thinking i may buy an external hard drive just for Mods an extras...

bpool

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015

Why did you have to get an external cd drive?

xulaokeri

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
yes,Why did you have to get an external cd drive? i want to know
Jwpmbu

Kaeden Ray

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

Probably because there HP Stream doesn't have an internal disc drive. But what you can do is purchase an external hard drive and download it using your PC to the hard drive and play it from your laptop by connect the hard drive. This way you won't use unnecessary space!

Fin_1

Reputable
Aug 26, 2015

Are the graphics very bad or are they good enough? Can you download many extension packs?

Status
Not open for further replies.