Can the integrated graphics in my 5 year old PC support my new 144hz monitor?

Nov 9, 2018
I have an Acer Revo RL80-UR22 Desktop, and its graphics specification is "Intel HD Graphics 4000" which I can't find any information about.

I bought a nice new monitor at 144hz, hasn't arrived yet, but I just realized that the integrated graphics on my PC might not be able to display such a high refresh rate. Am I limited to 60hz with this PC?

To clarify: This new monitor outputs 144hz via its HDMI port, which I have on my PC. So my question isn't whether I have the right port for it, but whether the graphics hardware supports anything higher than 60hz.

Solution
MERGED QUESTION
Question from evanya84 : "integrated graphics running a 144hz monitor"

lol. Intel HD 4000 is old stuff man. Old...
Nov 9, 2018

The ViewSonic monitor I bought specifically says it only supports the 144hz via its HDMI port. Otherwise it has a VGA port as well (which defintiely doesn't support 144hz).

So I guess the answer is "no"?

(I realize it's rare for HDMI to support over 60hz, and I was also skeptical too, but it is indeed capable of going higher than 60hz. It depends on the monitor. Most monitors max at 60hz for HDMI.)

Nov 9, 2018

I've already researched this. HDMI can go higher than 144hz, it just depends on whether the monitor supports that. In my case, this monitor does. But I don't know if the graphics hardware on my PC supports anything higher than 60hz.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
MERGED QUESTION
Question from evanya84 : "integrated graphics running a 144hz monitor"

lol. Intel HD 4000 is old stuff man. Old enough that it was created before there were monitors with refresh rates higher than 75-85hz.
Yes, it's the onboard graphics. It doesn't support that higher refresh rate.

Also, if the monitor specifically uses HDMI for 144hz, the it's HDMI 2.0 most likely, and since you say you're using a system with a CPU that has 4000 series graphics, I suspect that the HDMI port on the motherboard is also just as old as the Intel GPU meaning it's much lower than HDMI 2.0 and more like HDMI 1.2

Solution