Question Can the moterboard and Storeage affect my GAME fps from 45-60 to 12-22

reddemolisher

Honorable
Oct 14, 2014
Hi so guess I will start with my Original PC Configuration

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (no OC)
GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 mini (no OC)
Motherboard: Asus B350-F Strix Edition
Ram: Gskill 16GB =2 x8 (F4-2400c16D-16GFX)
M.2 NVME: Silicon Power 1TB
HDD: 2TB Seagate Baracuda (ST2000DM006)

Components failed
Motherboard: Asus B350-F Strix Edition
M.2 NVME: Silicon Power 1TB

Components Replaced
Motherboard: Asus B450-F Strix Edition
M.2 NVME: Samsung 250GB 970 evo plus

Components suspected failed
HDD: 2TB Seagate Baracuda (ST2000DM006)

CURRNET ISSUE CONFUSING THE HELL OUTTA ME IS THIS
My system went from getting 45-60 fps to 12-22 fps in Red Dead Redemption 2 this is consistent with other titles the settings are the same the drivers updated and everything is fine i cannot find the fault any idea what can be wrong? is it the motherboard or the M,.2 NVME SSD

PC is used mainly for Gaming, with Lots of net surfing with like a TON of extra tabs open and writing on Google Docs or making slides.

Entire Backstory if it can help?
The way I have my system set up is that I have my 1TB m.2 ssd has 2 partitions one with Windows and drivers and the other 600gb partition with my most played game. which was 3 games but yeah that was about 280 gigs worth of data
and the HHD is a single partition with all my games, files, and its loaded till the brim with alot of High Resolution photos and videos. (i sorta partime as a photographer/ videographer)

In November the system just suddenly refused to power on, after checking at turned out the motherboard was dead, so got it replaced under warranty, got the replacement board and it was bricked (was told by the ASUS technician that the Bios update by them was probably done incorrectly)the moment I got it. then I get a Replacement ASUS B450-F Strix Edition and I am loving it everything works great new board!!! till my system starts giving me a strange error (dont remember the error now since this was some time ago) and I check it out and its the M.2 NVME of SIlicon power thats not being detected at all. As the B450-F has a 2 M.2 Slots i try the other and no detection yet. cant test out the SSD as i dont have access to another pc or laptop i send it to the SILICON POWER Service Center who immediately reject it saying its rusted at the gold Fingers. NOW i have had Slight Rusting on the Gold Fingers of my Graphic Card so many times mainly as I stay in bombay which is a high humidity zone but never has the warranty been outright rejected for this reason. i have been debating with the Silicon power guys since december and havent gotten any support from them.

HERE IS MY MAIN POINT At this point I am still maintaining my 2tb Drive as my Data Storage Drive and am using a really old LAPTOP HHD as my Systems drive with Windows and drivers. also a Game I have been following for a long time since 2017-18? has finally released (Project Wingman) the game works amazingly and i get an average of 90-120 fps at 1080p all settings maxxed out. I realise that i am not getting my Silicon Power M.2 NVME SSD replaced its only 12months old so 5 years of warranty down the drain. I purchase a 250GB samsung 970 EVO M,2 cause i intend to use it only for Windows and drivers with maybe one game but the momemt i install Project Wingman my FPS is all the way down in the 20-30s range. i check my drivers and verify game files still the same thing. Now since then i have Removed my Graphic card and reinstalled it all power cables and connections are perfect everything seems fine but i still cant seem to find what is wrong. I then Tested other games and my most graphical intesive game of all time RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 and yeah performance is all the way down from 45-60 fps to 12-22 fps on the exact same settings same locations same situation and i cannot pin point the fault. does the SSD and Motherboard affect the performance of a PC so much?

Any help in understanding whats wrong would help big time especially as my motherboard warranty ends on 27th feb so 19 days to go.

reddemolisher

Honorable
Oct 14, 2014
Yup I have done a fresh Windows install on the drives.
on the New SSD and the testing laptop HDD. That being said I use cheap OEM licenses. but i doubt the license would cause any issue let alone something so drastic

Yup I have done a fresh Windows install on the drives.
on the New SSD and the testing laptop HDD. That being said I use cheap OEM licenses. but i doubt the license would cause any issue let alone something so drastic
And you also replaced and set all drivers too ? Optimized BIOS settings, enabled XMP and boost options ?
Except for FPS did you also check what frequencies are your components running at high loads ? Are all cores and whole memory visible ? Checked your power plan and made sure that maximum processor state is set to 100% ?
Although your CPU has a lot of cores, old and slow HDDs can introduce a lot of load on system when accessed.

reddemolisher

Honorable
Oct 14, 2014
Yup all drivers are updated to the latest version. at first i thought Asus Grid may have not picked up the latest version so i manually got all of them.

Haven't Touched Bios except for a Bios Update which i did for the first time ever but it was with on call support from an Asus Technician.

i am running a ram with 2400Mhz which it does pick up by default. due to that I've never really considered XMP profiles. but arent they a Intel Exclusive?

Checked the cpu cores, all seem to be visible properly. didnt think about the frequencies so i need to check that but i have never done an OC ever so i am pretty much on stock anyway . but yeah it might be a crazy underclock so i need to check that

The whole 16gb's of Ram memory is visible. Should i be checking on anything eles out here?

Funniest thing is with the Old Laptop Hdd even though the game took crazy ammount of time to load up. once it did it worked perfectly. sure there was some random texture pop in but even that is somthing i cant be sure if it was there before or not.
The SSD obviously super fast is giving me the most Lag.

i Intend to Run the Old Laptop HDD again tonight to see if the lag continues.

worst part is since a couple years now i havent had any rendering work so even if i test it out i wont be able to compare it with anything. so if this is only in gaming or what no idea