Question Can the motherboard on the Razer phone be fixed?

May 25, 2019
I think my Razer phone's motherboard had a short. The top speaker, camera flash, and GPS have stopped working as a result. Can this motherboard be fixed by some Microsoldering? I can't find any place capable of doing that.

Is it possible to replace the motherboard instead? I read that Razer does not provide provide shops with replacement parts.

I emailed Razer to find a solution and they said they can only sell me a new refurbished phone for the same price as a brand new Razer phone, and they're still asking me to send them my current phone too. I politely told them to go F themselves.

You can replace the motherboard if you can find a replacement and can actually do the work to replace it. It is possible to do a lot of things, just not often practical. You can make a beach by bringing in one grain of sand at a time for example, but not very likely that will be the best way.

Did you try to do a factory restore to see if that helped the issues?

If you can't find a motherboard for the phone or someone that can do the work to replace it, your option may be to just replace the phone if it's out of warranty.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
I've had a similar issue with my phone. I accidentally dropped it in water, and some of it entered inside the display. I didn't then use the phone but in the morning when i plugged in the charger, the display and charging jack shorted. Luckily, the charging jack isn't completely damaged, phone gets charged but at a very low speed, but since display is also damaged, i'm not able to see anything.

If your phone is in working condition, i will recommend to back up your data. That is more important.

Fixing a motherboard is hard and often damages it completely. Though i have seen videos where they replace the charging jack or battery but nothing more than that.

You made a big mistake buying the Razer phone. These are not common and their replacement parts will likely be expensive. Sometimes, it could be just as expensive as buying a new phone. Motherboard's cost is nearly 70% of what a brand new phone costs.