Acnologia

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Hello, I plan to buy a computer with these specifications :

GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 660 Ti OC 2GB
CPU: AMD Vishera FX-6300
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
HDD : 1500GB
And a 500W non-specified PSU. I will ask on it's model later but now i can't. My question is - is an average 500W PSU able to handle these components under load? I plan to play new games.

Solution
Yes, 500W is plenty. However it needs to be able to supply power to the GPU through PCIe power slots. Also I highly recommend a good brand like corsair, seasonic or XFX. Hope this helps.

MC_K7

Distinguished
This really depends on the quality of the PSU. I've seen some bad unit advertising 500W, but they could barely deliver more than 250W reliably, over that system became unstable. It's really important you check what brand & model you have to make sure it's a decent unit. You could do a google search and look for professional reviews for it, or just post it here and we'll try to tell you if it's good or not.

Another +1 here, a decent 500w power supply will handle your system just fine. I strongly suggest posting your PSU brand/model here for checking.

350w will not cover you, however; as built it will peak at 344w before accounting for system fans (5w ea.) or optical drive (15w).
http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Acnologia

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Thanks for your responses everyone!
The guy who is selling me the PC is leaving for some time now so he can't tell me the PSU model. I will, however, try to respond here with the PSU model as soon as possible.
Stay with me!

TRENDING THREADS