[SOLVED] Can the Ryzen 5 1600af do 144hz at 1080p?

kaib

Commendable
Jun 16, 2020
I play on low graphics for high FPS
I mainly play
-Rocket league
-Fortnite
-Apex legends
-Call of duty Warzone
All on low settings id like to stay at around 160fps

pc specs
Cpu Ryzen 5 1600af
Gpu Rx580 4gb
Ram 2x8 Ripjaws v 3200mhz
Motherboard asrock b450m pro4

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks for the help
Those Gpu are not in my budget range
Would getting the ryzen 5 3600 with my rx 580 have any benefit with fps? compared to the 1600af
It will help improve fps but if you aren't changing the GPU anytime soon, you're probably good with 1600 and buy new gen Ryzens later when you upgrade the GPU.

But if you're not going to upgrade the GPU at all, you can get ryzen 5 3600 (but you might need to update BIOS)

And whether you'll benefit more from a CPU upgrade or a GPU upgrade, depends on the max budget you're willing to spend

poorbugger

Distinguished
I play on low graphics for high FPS
I mainly play
-Rocket league
-Fortnite
-Apex legends
-Call of duty Warzone
All on low settings id like to stay at around 160fps
You will need a high end gpu to push those fps before it'll be the cpu job. If you got a rtx 2060 super and above, you will be able to achieve those fps on low to med and med to high if you got a even more powerful gpu.

kaib

Commendable
Jun 16, 2020
Thanks for the help
Would getting the ryzen 5 3600 with my rx 580 have any benefit with fps? compared to the 1600af

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
Thanks for the help
It will help improve fps but if you aren't changing the GPU anytime soon, you're probably good with 1600 and buy new gen Ryzens later when you upgrade the GPU.

But if you're not going to upgrade the GPU at all, you can get ryzen 5 3600 (but you might need to update BIOS)

And whether you'll benefit more from a CPU upgrade or a GPU upgrade, depends on the max budget you're willing to spend

Last edited:
Solution

kaib

Commendable
Jun 16, 2020
I don’t plan on upgrading anytime soon
this is my first build so I’d like to keep this as budget friendly
I may give this to a family member down the line as a workstation and then i might just get a new pc with better specs
I have a friend with a rx 580 16gb of ram and i7-6700 I liked the performance of that build if this build is better or the same I will be more then happy

I don’t plan on upgrading anytime soon
this is my first build so I’d like to keep this as budget friendly
I may give this to a family member down the line as a workstation and then i might just get a new pc with better specs
I have a friend with a rx 580 16gb of ram and i7-6700 I liked the performance of that build if this build is better or the same I will be more then happy

Very similar gaming performance, if anything the ryzen 1600af is slightly better.

Reactions: kaib and RodroX