Can these two cards be run simultaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alekto1122

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Hello, recently this Christmas I received a NVIDIA GeForce 1GB GDDR5 GTX 560 Ti graphics card as a gift. Currently, I have an AlienWare computer (also a gift) which has two 1GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GT 545 - SLI Enabled videocards.

My main question is, would it be possible to remove one of the 545s, put the 560 in, and run both in SLI? If this can't be done, is there any way I can run both simultaneously at all?

I am a bit of a computer newbie. In any case that both cards cannot be run at the same time, what would be the better option, the two 545s or the 560? Thanks.

Solution
The GTX560ti is definitely faster than SLI GT545 (faster than SLI GT545 by about 20%, and you don't need game with SLI support cause it is a single card). Also, I think you will be fine with your PSU since the power requirement of SLI GT545 GDDR5 used in the DELL Alienware is higher than 1 GTX560ti (stupid build really to have 2 low card in SLI that can't outperform a fast card and use more electricity).
The GTX560ti is definitely faster than SLI GT545 (faster than SLI GT545 by about 20%, and you don't need game with SLI support cause it is a single card). Also, I think you will be fine with your PSU since the power requirement of SLI GT545 GDDR5 used in the DELL Alienware is higher than 1 GTX560ti (stupid build really to have 2 low card in SLI that can't outperform a fast card and use more electricity).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.