[SOLVED] Can this be achieved? Modem in "bridge-mode" using WiFi

Migdilu

Reputable
Oct 16, 2016
Hi, here is my problem.

The ISP gave me a new modem (Technicolor CGA4233), the WiFi range is awesome compared to my routers, two TP-LINK WR841N v9, but before that i was using the old modem in bridge mode and with open-wrt on the router i was using SQM to avoid high ping in gaming while my family is using wifi too. But now while using the modem wifi i get high ping again, so a safe option is to disable wifi and enable bridge mode on the modem.

But i was wondering if there is a way to forward all packages from the modem (not bridging, since i want to use wifi tool) to the router and then send it back to the modem.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
As soon as you put the device in bridge mode it will disable the wifi and pretty do simple media conversion from the wan port to the lan. All the router functions will be disabled.

In theory you could use vlans or something to accomplish what you want but the ISP router does not have the support and there is no third party firmware that supports a box that includes a cable modem in it.

Maybe buy more bandwidth from the ISP. You should never need SQM if you are not exceeding your bandwidth.
As soon as you put the device in bridge mode it will disable the wifi and pretty do simple media conversion from the wan port to the lan. All the router functions will be disabled.

In theory you could use vlans or something to accomplish what you want but the ISP router does not have the support and there is no third party firmware that supports a box that includes a cable modem in it.

Maybe buy more bandwidth from the ISP. You should never need SQM if you are not exceeding your bandwidth.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution