Question Can this graphics card fit here?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
When it comes to the GPU clearance issues, it's not the MoBo that defines it but instead PC case.

As far as your HP MoBo goes, it has one PCI-E x16 slot where to put your GPU. However, do note the GPU length and measure if you have enough GPU clearance inside the PC case.

Also, the stock 180W PSU doesn't have nowhere near the wattage to power GTX 1660 Ti GPU. For that GPU, minimum PSU wattage you'd need is 500W range unit and that with a good build quality PSU. Any Seasonic PSU will do fine.

May 23, 2019
When it comes to the GPU clearance issues, it's not the MoBo that defines it but instead PC case.

As far as your HP MoBo goes, it has one PCI-E x16 slot where to put your GPU. However, do note the GPU length and measure if you have enough GPU clearance inside the PC case.

Also, the stock 180W PSU doesn't have nowhere near the wattage to power GTX 1660 Ti GPU. For that GPU, minimum PSU wattage you'd need is 500W range unit and that with a good build quality PSU. Any Seasonic PSU will do fine.
I will get another ase and a new PSU.
So there are no problems with the mobo?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Care to post the GPU official specs page where there's stated that GTX 1660 Ti "needs" UEFI?

But if you want to switch to UEFI, then yes, you'd need more modern MoBo. The MoBo you have supports only Legacy BIOS and you can install your Win only in MBR mode. For installing Win in GPT mode, UEFI BIOS is needed.

May 23, 2019
I found it here.
It says the GPU supports UEFI , I’m sorry if i got it wrong but does that mean it won’t support legacy?

On some websites i read that on Windows 10 I can switch from legacy to UEFI easily but they didn’t make it clear if that was a “Don’t buy new MoBo “ solution.

Can you explain it to me, sir?

May 23, 2019
I found it here.
It says the GPU supports UEFI , I’m sorry if i got it wrong but does that mean it won’t support legacy?

On some websites i read that on Windows 10 I can switch from legacy to UEFI easily but they didn’t make it clear if that was a

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Answer is: You do not need new MoBo for GTX 1660 Ti. And the GPU does support both Legacy BIOS and UEFI BIOS.

As far as Win 10 goes, if you install it and your MoBo does have UEFI BIOS, you have option during installation to install your Win 10 in old MBR mode or in new GPT mode. However, if you have older MoBo with Legacy BIOS, only option during Win 10 installation is MBR mode. Win 10 natively doesn't support installation in GPT mode under Legacy BIOS. For GPT mode, your MoBo needs to have UEFI BIOS. That's the difference.

Also, GPU doesn't care at all if you have Win 10 in MBR mode (Legacy) or GPT mode (UEFI). It doesn't even care if you have MacOS X running in APM mode (EFI-CSM). So, claiming that:"GPU supports UEFI" is just a marketing trick.