Can this handle some streaming?

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Hey guys, I've recently kinda gotten a little big on youtube in terms of youtube streaming. I would like to take my streams to the next level. I was thinking of using 2 systems. 1 Gaming and 1 Streaming.
Gaming:
i7 4930k
16gb ddr3
gtx 1060 6gb

Streaming:
i5 2500s
8gb ddr3
amd gpu w/ 128 mB Vram (forgot which card)

I plan on using the x256 bit encoder. Should I stick with Nvenc with my gaming pc and stream on one tower or would both x256 be better?

I plan on streaming older titles such as borderlands 2
The Forest (newer)
Minecraft
Terarria
CoD
Battlefield 1, 4

Solution
As Ive read x264 has better image quality over nvec but uses cpu (x264 is cpu encoding), nvec is gpu (nvidia gpu encoding), and it has a bit muddier image.
Note: Not noticable with nvec but needs a bit higher bitrate.

Also to add you need gigabit lan port (perferably dual on both motherboards), to connect 2 pcs directly and both to network.

Not sure how to setup that one pc directly shates internet to other.
Streaming requires the CPU to do some heavy lifting and the 2500 only has 4 threads. If you already have the motherboard and RAM, then I would probably look for a used 2700 and sell the 2500. The hyper threading in the 2700 will give a nice boost.

If you don't have the hardware, then I would look for a good deal on a AMD 1600 and pair it with a b350 motherboard. The1600 is the perfect streaming CPU with its 6 cores and 12 threads.

As Ive read x264 has better image quality over nvec but uses cpu (x264 is cpu encoding), nvec is gpu (nvidia gpu encoding), and it has a bit muddier image.
Note: Not noticable with nvec but needs a bit higher bitrate.

Also to add you need gigabit lan port (perferably dual on both motherboards), to connect 2 pcs directly and both to network.

Not sure how to setup that one pc directly shates internet to other.

Solution