Can this motherboard fit in my PC tower?

Jul 23, 2018
I have a Dell Inspiron 545 and I want to upgrade it so it can be a gaming pc. I found a motherboard that I was told was an ite atx motherboard. I am not sure if it has the same screws and plugs and all.

Solution
If this is your case I don't think a full size ATX motherboard will fit. https://www.cnet.com/products/dell-inspiron-545/review/

My mom has this case and I've worked inside it adding more memory and an SSD drive for her an I know the current board it uses is not ATX.

phaelax

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
What's the motherboard in question?

The problem with Dell computers is customized brackets and crap in the case. Plus, they tend to use smaller form factor power supplies. Plan out your upgrade before buying anything so you don't end up with a new GPU that requires more power but you can't fit one in the case. But in reality, you can buy a new PC case for like $30.

Jul 23, 2018

Jul 23, 2018

I was told it was an ite atx mother board with 8 gn of ram @1600Hz with an AMD FX 8350
I’m planning on getting a GTX 1060 with a single fan

mgallo848

Commendable
If this is your case I don't think a full size ATX motherboard will fit. https://www.cnet.com/products/dell-inspiron-545/review/

My mom has this case and I've worked inside it adding more memory and an SSD drive for her an I know the current board it uses is not ATX.

Solution
Jul 23, 2018

so the board wont work if I have that case?

mgallo848

Commendable

Most likely no. Not to mention getting the front wiring set up properly. You're better off getting a case for $30

g-unit1111

Titan

I've seen some creative builders out there build whole systems into old cases. But I do agree that not knowing what the motherboard is, or knowing the exact dimensions of the case, there's no way to help this any further.

You want to place non Dell motherboard into Dell case? Why? You can get new case for cheap with less headaches.

This idea is absurd, unless you want to hide new PC in old case (due to your parents or something similar?)