Question Can this PC run 3 displays?

Mar 4, 2021
I'm going to build a PC for basic work stuff but currently it's limited to 2 displays:

MOBO: Gigabyte H410M-S2H (supports up to 2 displays)
CPU: i5-10400 (supports up to 3 displays)

Can I increase the number of supported displays by installing my old GPU (N460GTX Cyclone 1GD5 )? Or since the GPU plugs into a mobo that only supports 2 displays, am I still restricted to 2 displays only?

I've also heard iGPU and GPU can't run simultaneously?

Mar 4, 2021
If you haven't built the system ye, why not just source a different motherboard, one that natively supports triple monitors with the iGPU(something like this?)
Hey, unfortunately I can only choose from a pre-builds (and their customise options) and all the MOBO options are 2 display only. The PC is for someone else and while I know enough about PCs to determine which pre-build is the best value in a price range, I don't know enough to confidently build someone else a PC.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I doubt your motherboard will want to cooperate with that GPU since that GPU will most certainly not have UEFI support. If you haven't built the system ye, why not just source a different motherboard, one that natively supports triple monitors with the iGPU(something like this?)
Sorry to double post, but I've been looking at my options. If I do:

MOBO: Gigabyte H410M-S2H (supports up to 2 displays)
CPU: i5-10400 (supports up to 3 displays)
GPU: Geforce GT 1030 (supports up to 2 displays)

Could I run two displays off the GPU and one of the CPU?

TRENDING THREADS