Question can this run pc?

Aug 4, 2019
so i built a new pc and want to know if the PSU is the problem?

Sometimes my pc crashes out of nowhere, even during no pressure at all. the screen freezes and then it says no signal and turns off.

This is my system, could this be the powersupply?
(the drivers are up to date) (tempature are fine)

CPU: ryzen 5 2600
GPU: rx 580 nitro+
SSD: adata xpg sx8200 pro 512gb (m.2)
MBO: gigabyte DS3H b450m
RAM: vengance 16 gb 3000mhz
CASE: fractal design focus g mini
exhaust cooler: artict f12 PWM

PSU: corsair CX550M

in calculations the PSU should be enough, but is it tho?

Max, Denmark

Aug 4, 2019
I think the CX 550M's are ok, the CX's were not. 550W should be fine. It's something else. Anything in the logs?

Only one exhaust fan? no input fans? It could (unlikely) be that something you can't measure is hot due to lack of airflow.
i have 1 exhaust in the back and 2 fans getting air into the pc, in the front. all 120 mm
the two in front came with the case.

The pc just keeps running, and the monitor says no signal and then turns off.
is this a regular problem?

Yeah. That's not a PSU problem. If the PC was actually turning off, or even rebooting, it would be a PSU problem. This sounds like it could be a number of other things.

yeah i realized that after i bought the cx-m version.
But still. I'm not sure why.
Why is the non-m version better than the cx-m?

CX is a newer platform. The CX and CX-M both use DC to DC, which makes them better than most of the Bronze PSUs on the market, but the CX is LLC resonant topology as opposed to double forward so it can hold up to the heavy transient loads of newer, high end graphics cards like Vega and 2080.

Aug 4, 2019
Yeah. That's not a PSU problem. If the PC was actually turning off, or even rebooting, it would be a PSU problem. This sounds like it could be a number of other things.

CX is a newer platform. The CX and CX-M both use DC to DC, which makes them better than most of the Bronze PSUs on the market, but the CX is LLC resonant topology as opposed to double forward so it can hold up to the heavy transient loads of newer, high end graphics cards like Vega and 2080.
ah i see, well my GPU is not in the high end, but i get the point.
thanks for the help. now i know what to buy next time. btw which brand do you prefer?
like what else i great other than corsair?

ah i see, well my GPU is not in the high end, but i get the point.
thanks for the help. now i know what to buy next time. btw which brand do you prefer?
like what else i great other than corsair?

There's nothing wrong with the CX550M for your build. It's a perfectly fine PSU.

Try to figure out what's wrong with your PC first and foremost. OS? Drivers? Bad graphics card?

Too bad your CPU isn't an APU or you could test the PC without the graphics card. Do you have another graphics card you can try in its place?

Aug 4, 2019
There's nothing wrong with the CX550M for your build. It's a perfectly fine PSU.

Try to figure out what's wrong with your PC first and foremost. OS? Drivers? Bad graphics card?

Too bad your CPU isn't an APU or you could test the PC without the graphics card. Do you have another graphics card you can try in its place?
Yes i have a 1050 ti that i can move over.
But yesterday after i tried some different things it started working perfectly 3 hours in a row, even under load

Aug 4, 2019
So? What are your CPU Temps? What are your GPU temps?

What case fans you have only dictates how much air is moved through the case. Your CPU and GPU still produce heat. And fans can't make temps lower than ambient. At the best, fans can only make the PC same as ambient temps.
Cpu and gpu temps are usually around 50 while gaming and while overclocking and running benchmarks, its up around 60

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
temps seem fine, looking at the specs for the video card it stated it requires a min of 500watt PSU, so perhaps even though yours is 550Watt, perhaps its not functioning properly causing the crash. however without another PSU to test this with Im at a loss, but everything seems fine temp wise. So with logic ID think its time to look elsewhere for the issue, Id start with the PSU . as it is you have a very small margin to maxing out the PSU, ideally I think youd want at least 100watt "buffer" beyond what the system needs under load.

Aug 4, 2019
temps seem fine, looking at the specs for the video card it stated it requires a min of 500watt PSU, so perhaps even though yours is 550Watt, perhaps its not functioning properly causing the crash. however without another PSU to test this with Im at a loss, but everything seems fine temp wise. So with logic ID think its time to look elsewhere for the issue, Id start with the PSU . as it is you have a very small margin to maxing out the PSU, ideally I think youd want at least 100watt "buffer" beyond what the system needs under load.
Okay ill look into it, thanks for the help

As stated before, this doesn't sound like a PSU problem. Here are some things to try:
• If you are using any unofficial driver downloaders, then you should uninstall them then uninstall all of your drivers. Next, go to the official manufacturers website and download the newest available drivers.
• If you are using any system optimisers, speed boosters or error fixers etc, undo/untick what they did (if applicable) then uninstall them.
• Run a virus scan with Malwarebytes (premium version is free for the first 14 days, then it switches to the free version.
• click start, search for CMD, the right click command prompt and choose 'run as administrator'. Type "sfc /scannow" (without ") and hit enter. Wait for it to finish.

Hopefully this will help with your issue.

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
from what I have learned about PSU from my own questions regarding a upgrade I am doing (GPU upgrade) even if the PSU is rated for 550watt that is at Optimal temps and a conservative estimate of power, the 80+ rating on PSU (from my understanding) means the PSU is at least 80% efficient.. So if that be true then like my 450Watt PSU it will only really handle around 420 Watt before crashing. Now again I am only going by what I have been informed about my current upgrade, so perhaps where this card requires a min of 500 watt PSU, maybe your unit is hitting its limits, its really too bad you dont have another system to test the card in , with similar specs to see if the issue persists. I would try what was mentioned above and short of being able to test the card in another similar machine I am not sure what else you could do, You could end up upgrading to a better PSU and still have the issues . hope everything works out ..