[SOLVED] Can this SilverStone Micro Atx Case fit into most carry on luggage suitcases?

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I have a standard carry on luggage suitcase that I want my computer to fit into but my current cooler master case is too big. If I get this cooler master micro atx one (SST-SG11B) then would it fit? It looks small enough based off the dimensions though I am not sure of the exact dimensions of my luggage but I know it can easily fit under train seats. It could almost fit my cooler master one. Here is the link to the SilverStone Case: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SilverSton...ro+atx+case&qid=1556293437&s=computers&sr=1-1

I know it's not ITX but my current motherboard is micro atx. Then I don't have to change anything but the case and I have measured all my parts and they will fit with good cooling based on the reviews. I watched a video review too and it seems easy to install. I know it's hard to say based on such vague information but the luggage is within the carry on limit for most flights though I am not taking it on a plane only a train hence why I don't mind carrying it trolley style. It's a short journey under 2 hours.

Solution
The only issue I forsee is in the use of soft side luggage. You'd certainly need hardside or feet and/or any bumps, hits etc are going to destroy componentry as there's no room in those small cases.

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
The only issue I forsee is in the use of soft side luggage. You'd certainly need hardside or feet and/or any bumps, hits etc are going to destroy componentry as there's no room in those small cases.

That is what I was afraid of. As I wrote this thread I was wondering about that. I was thinking of getting a hardcase suitcase that would be small but just big enough to fit my current micro atx PC. I am sure I can find one maybe that can fit some Styrofoam packaging.

My current suit case is very big and has strong hard casing and the suit case was padded by my clothes so it had ample protection from vibrations and stuff. There were a few bumps on the way back but it works. Otherwise I was thinking of just biting the bullet so to speak and going back to ITX. If I get the Silverstone Sugo SG13 all I would need to change is the case and motherboard.

But I might get this Silverstone micro atx case and a hard case carry on suitcase. I might be able to find one. If not I will go ITX I guess.

I have a standard carry on luggage suitcase that I want my computer to fit into but my current cooler master case is too big. If I get this cooler master micro atx one (SST-SG11B) then would it fit? It looks small enough based off the dimensions though I am not sure of the exact dimensions of my luggage but I know it can easily fit under train seats. It could almost fit my cooler master one. Here is the link to the SilverStone Case: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SilverSton...ro+atx+case&qid=1556293437&s=computers&sr=1-1

I know it's not ITX but my current motherboard is micro atx. Then I don't have to change anything but the case and I have measured all my parts and they will fit with good cooling based on the reviews. I watched a video review too and it seems easy to install. I know it's hard to say based on such vague information but the luggage is within the carry on limit for most flights though I am not taking it on a plane only a train hence why I don't mind carrying it trolley style. It's a short journey under 2 hours.

Only way to know if it will fit in your luggage is to know how large your luggage is. I would not worry about this thing getting damaged as a carry on that you have with you, but I would remove any large components like the video card if it's anything bigger than a low end card size and weight. You can always wrap it in some thinner bubble tape or some protective foam padding.