Can this somehow be a bottleneck?

timelessdaze

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
Hello again, still troubleshooting my GPU. I've come to notice an odd pattern with my 'come and go' performance of my EVGA SC 780TI. During MSI kombustor, when the GPU is working properly and delivering the frame rates that it should, CPU is running at full clock speed pretty consistently. Sadly this performance is not consistent, as sometimes I will boot up and get 1/4 of the FPS I should (if i'm lucky) and during this test my CPU usage is all over the place never hitting the full 4.1Ghz available. This problem is showing signs of a CPU bottleneck, however on an I7 4770k OC @ 4.1 I highly doubt this is even possible unless there is a problem with the CPU. Is there any other way I can monitor this CPU usage and what troubleshooting tips would you recommend? I really don't want to send in the GPU for rma without being certain that the GPU is the problem, which im starting to doubt. I'm really getting desperate and have had several threads about this issue get ignored and swallowed into the forum so I would really appreciate any help, I've already ruled out the power supply as the problem as well

timelessdaze

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
Hard drive issues? I've read this once before and honestly dismissed it as nonsense, however my HDD light on my case (I think its my HDD light) seems to be blinking almost constantly, even when i'm just at my desktop

TRENDING THREADS