Nov 29, 2017
Will this work?

Motherboard h81m-E
Intel i5-4460k
Ram 2×4gb ddr3
Asus strix 1050ti 4gb vram ddr5
450 watt power supply

Solution
That is a 4-core i5 and it should be OK with a 1050 Ti if you want to play at FHD at 60Hz. In more demanding games you might need to lower some graphic settings a bit.

Yes that's an H81 motherboard which have PCIE X16 gen 1 slot. According to Intel specs it should be a gen 2 but Asus website and manual says PCIE X16 gen 1.

The board has UEFI capable BIOS and it works with 10 series graphics cards but that gen 1 slot might limit the card performance a little (marginal). I would get a motherboard with at least a X16 gen 2 slot if it is possible.

One more thing, what is the brand and model of that PSU?

If you get a 1050 Ti that needs a 6-pin auxiliary PCIE power connector your PSU should be able to support that. Does the PSU have PCIE...

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
That is a 4-core i5 and it should be OK with a 1050 Ti if you want to play at FHD at 60Hz. In more demanding games you might need to lower some graphic settings a bit.

Yes that's an H81 motherboard which have PCIE X16 gen 1 slot. According to Intel specs it should be a gen 2 but Asus website and manual says PCIE X16 gen 1.

The board has UEFI capable BIOS and it works with 10 series graphics cards but that gen 1 slot might limit the card performance a little (marginal). I would get a motherboard with at least a X16 gen 2 slot if it is possible.

One more thing, what is the brand and model of that PSU?

If you get a 1050 Ti that needs a 6-pin auxiliary PCIE power connector your PSU should be able to support that. Does the PSU have PCIE power connectors/cables?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS