Can TP-LINK TD-W8951ND 150Mbps Wireless N ADSL2 Modem Router Work With Fiber Optic Of GTPL Internet Broadband?

mindmoneySucceSS

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
Hello, Everyone.
I Am Using BSNL Internet Broadband (Landline ADSL). I Have TP-LINK TD-W8951ND 150Mbps Wireless N ADSL2 Modem Router. And This Router Works Great, I Have No Problem At All. But I Am Not Satisfied With BSNL, That's Why I Am Changing BSNL Internet Broadband To GTPL Internet Broadband (Fibre Optic). So My Question Is Can My TP-LINK TD-W8951ND 150Mbps Wireless N ADSL2 Modem Router Will Work With Fibre Optic Of GTPL Internet Broadband??? Or I Have To Buy Another WIFI Router Which Comfortable With Fiber Optic Of GTPL Internet Broadband??

USAFRet

Titan

An ADSL modem/router will not work with a non-ADSL system, be it cable or fiber. Just like a cable modem will not work with ADSL, or a fiber modem cannot connect to cable broadband.
After the Modem.....all routers should work. The different modems do the translation from whatever system they use (cable/ADSL/fiber) to regular ethernet.
But no, you cannot use your existing modem/router combination with another system.

StormNexus

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
You can probably use just the router portion of the modem/router, but that would depend on what settings you can disable internally. You will still need to get a modem for the fiber service, however. As USAFret mentioned, they are not compatible.

USAFRet

Titan

I would think probably you cannot use just the router portion. Where would it get its input from? A standalone router has a WAN port, to receive the signal from the standalone modem. On a modem/router combo, that interface is all on the inside. There probably would not be a visible WAN port.

I'd have to look at it to see, though.

KrishnaSolanki

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014

Hello I am in same situatin.I want to ask you that if I use same model with GTPL's Default modem which they are providing i have register my mac adderess of router to GTPL and their executive also tele mac address which was correct. But i am facing problem DNS Server is not responding.I also set in IPV4 DNS
my router's MAC address but no effect. help to solve this problem thanks..

hgaaditya

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

Hey. I have a similar modem+router To link WD 8961nd ..even I have switched to a cable network now.. Can you please elaborate the steps..

Thanks in advance..:)