Question Can Transactions Made with Stolen Identity Number Be Hidden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justcicia

Prominent
Oct 15, 2022
Hello, I would like to say that at first I did not ask this with any malicious intent, but because I was suspicious. When the identity number is stolen, I think it is possible to open a company with the identity number, etc. I know that it can be used in many things, such as when someone's ID number is stolen, can the transactions made with it (such as opening a company again, etc.) be hidden from the owner of the ID number and it can be ensured that the owner of the ID number does not know about this?

what you're asking makes no sense.

your personal ID/license number has nothing at all to do with "opening" a company.

business licenses also do not involve any personal identifier that can be used for any purpose other than identifying one who applied for such license and what their current standing may be in the state/district purchased from.

Justcicia

Prominent
Oct 15, 2022
what you're asking makes no sense.

your personal ID/license number has nothing at all to do with "opening" a company.

business licenses also do not involve any personal identifier that can be used for any purpose other than identifying one who applied for such license and what their current standing may be in the state/district purchased from.
I am talking about the identity number written on the identity card I am talking about and which should not be shared. I know that many things can be done, not just opening a company. @JohnBonhamsGhost

Ralston18

Titan
" I'm asking if things done with this ID number can be somehow hidden from the original owner of the ID number "

If the ID number is yours then take the viewpoint that the ID number is being used to do things or trying to do things that you cannot see.

Overall the question is a question that you need to ask to whoever issues the ID (Identity) numbers.

What safeguards and notifications does the issuer provide when "things are done"?

For example, my bank will notify me if any transaction exceeds a certain amount of money.

Other accounts notify me if there is an attempt to access my account or if account access has occurred.

Or use of the Identity number triggers either a confimation text, email, or phone message. 2 Factor Authorization.

And depending on the nature of the ID number the local authorities (per @rgd1101 may indeed be able to provide some information or guidance.

Especially if the ID is perhaps a driver's license or some sort of local licensing number.

Contact the ID number issuer.

Closing thread to further posts.

Reactions: rgd1101
Status
Not open for further replies.