Can u play Crysis? , test your rig with these 2 sites

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Emtiph

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
Well I am good. Looks like all I need is a new graphics card. My X1950Pro will get crushed at 1680x1050 on Crysis. I was going to get a new one anyway. Glad to see it doesn't suggest I have to upgrade anything else :D

torcida_kutina

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006

Right now i'm in shop and showing this message to sellers. Why they are looking at me with "idiot expression" on their faces?
he, he

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006

He's called Deep Blue Mk.II.

Hatman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004

Tri-SLI, anyone? lol

If you REALLY want the max performance on 2560x1600, it would probably be possible with a few ultras in tri-sli.

Not that I or anyone else knows how tri sli will perform or anything... but its my best bet. I find it hard to believe that enough of todays hardware wont be enough to play this game at max once the full version is released. Im expecting nvidias next beta drivers to offer a ton of improvement too like for recent titles like Quake Wars. If anything theyd want their hardware to be able to play thsi game and ATI's to not so hopefully they'll give it the attention it deserves :D

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005

I ask about MAX settings on 2560x1600 even though this may be silly now.
I am just thinking about a year or two later.
For example. 9600XT was enough to play FarCry1 at fairly high settings, but didn't have the balls for Oblivon.
If I knew this back then, I would have spent more and gotten a 9800XT (at that time) that can play newer games at least on mid-settings and the card whould have lasted me a lot longer.
If nothing can play Crysis on MAX now, then forget about playing some newer games in a year or two.
I have a good PSU now, but "only" 750w, so it can only handle 2 PCIe power plugs.

Hatman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004
Im hoping it can use DX10 with medium settings on the full version personally... dx10 is still just a "super high quality" setting rather then a new form of code for more efficient gaming.

Hopefully crysis will change that and actually give mid range DX10 cards a use.

randomizer

Champion
I wonder how well cards like the 8600GT will perform in DX10 mode. I think that if the game is optimized well enough, it is possible that they will perform better in DX10 than in DX9, but so far that hasn't happened.

t2couger

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006

strange you must of clicked on the wrong game when you ran the test because the game requirements on your pics are way off what they are for me and everyone els,

trevorblain

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
I'm starting to question the validity of this test. Looking at Justin's score compared to mine doesn't seem right (I'm thinking its the CPU score). In one of his other posts he posted a SS of a fur render score which was significantly higher than mine, but in this I have him by about 3 bars over the rec.

Is this test suggesting that quad core will make that much of a difference in performance?

trevorblain

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006

just guessing... they won't post those until they get the full version to test with? I'd laugh at em if they listed their recommendations without even being able to test them first.

randomizer

Champion

It is based on 3DMark06, it isn't valid :lol:

I quote myself:

According to Game-o-meter he is only just over the min requirements whereas I am half way between the min and recommended.

justinmcg67

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007

yeah I knwo what you mean. And about the quad core thing, if it's ANYTHING liek the UT3 engine...thsn single, dual, tri, and quad core will scale VERY well. Also, the UT3 engine utilises cache in a way we really haven't ever seen before.

UT3 CPU/GPU Analysis
http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3127

UT3 GPU Charts
http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3128

trevorblain

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
I suppose I am just going to have to use the step-up program and get the d*mn gtx. I think I am just getting greedy, at least I have a system that can play it now (just upgraded from an athlon 2500 w/ ati 9800 pro) but I want this game to look gorgeous.

Hey, its only money, right?

t2couger

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006

yeh that one is a screen shot the one that was a pic of your comp was the one that was wrong look at the publishers minimum requirements they are different in both pics. look at the processor requirements and the display card in both the pic of the monitor and the screen shot..

Racer

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2007
BTW I barely passed the absolute minimum with my Athlon XP 4000.
So if Randomizer is having trouble with his X1950 Pro (The card I was thinking to buy to play Crysis) maybe a new Dual Core CPU is a must also. He is also without one. I have a thread with guys helping me decide how to upgrade my PC to play Crysis. You guys stuck with below "recommended" minimum like me, may want to check the thread out in this room.

Hatman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004

Not really an excuse, crysis will love quads aswell :D