can u play the sims on a hp stream notebook 11

Solution
I'd avoid that for anything outside of documents, email, and some movie watching.

If it's the first SIMS, may play that OK. The others take a pretty good toll on the CPU and video card and a laptop like this will be very choppy.

For $300 you can get a much better used laptop in great shape. Look for the T420 Lenovo systems on craigslist, they often sell at about the $300 mark and have a much better build quality and are real laptops not web browsing systms. Heavier and larger though. A T420 with an Core i5 CPU will run SIMS pretty well.

cklaubur

Distinguished
Which version of The Sims?

My concern with that laptop would be the graphics chip and storage space. Both laptops on that link use Intel Integrated graphics, which may not be powerful enough. Both laptops also list having only a 32 GB drive for storage. Windows 8 will likely use half of that, which doesn't leave much space for anything else.

Casey

caqde

Distinguished
The first sims maybe the rest especially if you want to install the expansions would likely not fit on that drive not to mention the system doesn't have much memory 2GB for the higher end one. I'd recommend a system with at least 4-8GB of memory and at least a 256GB SSD or larger HDD.

I'd avoid that for anything outside of documents, email, and some movie watching.

If it's the first SIMS, may play that OK. The others take a pretty good toll on the CPU and video card and a laptop like this will be very choppy.

For $300 you can get a much better used laptop in great shape. Look for the T420 Lenovo systems on craigslist, they often sell at about the $300 mark and have a much better build quality and are real laptops not web browsing systms. Heavier and larger though. A T420 with an Core i5 CPU will run SIMS pretty well.

Solution