Can u please help?

G

hi guys, ive been having a problem with a graphics card i bought for a few weeks now. its a nvidia geforce fx5900 (rubbish i know but i only want to play 1 game on it, so is good enough for my needs) the problem is whenever i try to run the game it crashes on the load screen and i cannot play the game, also i get graphical issues now and again (lines down the screen etc..) at first i thought it was my power unit didnt have enough power so i bought a 500w psu and still the problem persists any help would be HUGELY appreciated (i have the newest drivers 2) if u need any other info please ask :)

Marksest

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
hi guys, ive been having a problem with a graphics card i bought for a few weeks now. its a nvidia geforce fx5900 (rubbish i know but i only want to play 1 game on it, so is good enough for my needs) the problem is whenever i try to run the game it crashes on the load screen and i cannot play the game, also i get graphical issues now and again (lines down the screen etc..) at first i thought it was my power unit didnt have enough power so i bought a 500w psu and still the problem persists any help would be HUGELY appreciated (i have the newest drivers 2) if u need any other info please ask :)
Install DirectX, Physx, and any other program you may need.

G

i have directx installed. and all other programs (i think) no ext i dont mind :) its sims 3

I just wanted to make sure it met the minimum spec, which it just barely does!

"
DirectX 9.0c compatible card with 128 MB RAM (NVIDIA FX 5900/ATI 9500 or better) and support for Pixel Shader 2.0
"

G

lol yea i kno, but the problem happens when i play any game (and sometimes when i start the pc up) sorry 4 the late reply btw was cut off internet yesterday

Try running CPUID HWMonitor and see if it picks up a GPU Temp. if it does, you can check what the max temp reached is by leaving the program running in the background. Also, do a visual check to see if the fan is spinning on the card unhindered. Is this a new card or an old one that has been sitting around for a while?

G

i ran everest while nothing was runnin, on desktop and it was clocked at 34c i tried to get a read while a game was running but never get a chance as it crashes almost instantly. the fan does seem to spin (quite slowly tho not sure if this is normal) it is used but came out of a working pc and was tested before i bought it