Can u use a Camera as a Webcam ?? And use it to cpature vi..

Just somthing to look for when i get a new Camera. I asume if you
could do this the Video would be pretty good i asume ??

Thanks.

Mike

Splendid

"On Holidays" <abbyrow.com.uk> wrote in message

> Just somthing to look for when i get a new Camera. I asume if you
> could do this the Video would be pretty good i asume ??
>
> Thanks.

no. get a seperate cheap webcam

On Wed, 25 May 2005 03:57:45 +1000, On Holidays <abbyrow.com.uk>
wrote:

>Just somthing to look for when i get a new Camera. I asume if you
>could do this the Video would be pretty good i asume ??

Be sure to get the ac adapter or at least 4-5 spare (and
rechargeable!) battery sets as video transfer to the PC will eat
batteries very quickly!

Or you could get a (very) large memory card for the digicam! I'd
recommend the Canon PowerShot S2 IS - which is supposed to have the
best video mode of all digital cameras... and pretty decent still
picture quality.

Marvin

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

On Holidays wrote:

> Just somthing to look for when i get a new Camera. I asume if you
> could do this the Video would be pretty good i asume ??
>
> Thanks.

A few digicams have htis capability. But the image quality is limited by bandwidth, so
those digicams don't work better as Webcams than do the ones that cost $50 to &75.

Btw, we have frequent videocnferences with our son and his family, across the Atlantic.
The new version of Microsoft Messenger allows us to view full screen images of quality
quite close to U.S. TV. The sound is also much better than in the past.