[SOLVED] Can use Maximus XI Formula without water cooling?

Kobi Avrami

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
I want to buy the Maximus XI Formula and run it without water cooling, is it possible?
I know CODE is the right one, but I plan on getting a loop later on, so I want the board to be already compatible. Just for a few months I want it to run without a custom loop... the diffrence in price is only 60$ where I live, and it is neglejable when buying a high end board, so I prefer picking up the formula. Will I run in to any problems without a water loop?

Solution
I personally wouldnt run this board without the loop plumbed in.

In theory it would work fine however with the VRMs designed to be cooled by water it may not have adequate cooling without it running as it doesnt have the fin stack you would normally get.

If you do want to run it without just make sure not to overclock the CPu and keep an eye on VRM temps.
I personally wouldnt run this board without the loop plumbed in.

In theory it would work fine however with the VRMs designed to be cooled by water it may not have adequate cooling without it running as it doesnt have the fin stack you would normally get.

If you do want to run it without just make sure not to overclock the CPu and keep an eye on VRM temps.

Solution

Kobi Avrami

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017

Thank you for your answer. I will try overclocking the CPU with caution, and if the temps will get too high and it wont be stable I will set it back to stock, just untill I get a custom loop on my system. I don't want to give up on the great looks this board have (Although Code is similiar, there are still some slight changes in their design)

I will reply here in the future with my results, so everyone can learn from it
Thank you very much

Kobi Avrami

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
I just chatted with an ASUS agent in my country, he said it will work well,.

But if I overclock I need to check the temps make sure its stable.

On stock it is stable and there shouldnt be any issues