[SOLVED] Can vacuum cooler harm laptop fan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2020
Hello,
my laptop overheats, so i need to re-apply CPU thermal paste and use an external vacuum cooler, but i wonder can it cause the laptop fan to fail or damage ? since the vacuum could force the laptop fan to rotate abnormally.

61b-TDxiEKL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Thanks in advance

Solution
No, it won't hurt it. It also won't do much of anything. Those coolers, and the laptop pad coolers you put under the laptop, are just mostly marketing gimmick items that don't, and can't, actually make any difference to CPU or GPU core temperatures. They mostly only allow for a cooler surface temperature so that the laptop surface is not uncomfortable to your hands.
No, it won't hurt it. It also won't do much of anything. Those coolers, and the laptop pad coolers you put under the laptop, are just mostly marketing gimmick items that don't, and can't, actually make any difference to CPU or GPU core temperatures. They mostly only allow for a cooler surface temperature so that the laptop surface is not uncomfortable to your hands.

Reactions: Rebean94
Solution
May 19, 2020

Thanks alot sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.