Question Can we change text size by changing Font Type in Win-11 ?

dan99t

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Hi,

I have tried hard to change text size in Win-11 using Accesibilty & slider & in Display using Scale & combinations of both.

But still it is too small & it doesn't much change Title Bar Font Or Menu bar Font or Icons Text etc etc.

I also see numerous posts everywhere on internet for the same problem & all answers are same as above.

So I was reading about Changing the Type of Fonts themselves e.g. from default Segoe UI to something like Verdana or Arial or Calibri etc. There it also gives you the choice of font size as large as you want just like in MS Word.

So my question is, is this the better solution ?

I don't have Windows -11 any more so I can't try it out myself but I am ordering a new system & wondering whether I shoud get it with Win-11 or Win-10 ?

Thank You

Changing the font doesn't change the size. 12 point is going to have roughly the same size no matter which font you use.

If 225% scaling isn't good enough, the only other option is to reduce the resolution to mimic going larger as the image will normally stretch to fit the display.

Hi,

I have tried hard to change text size in Win-11 using Accesibilty & slider & in Display using Scale & combinations of both.

But still it is too small & it doesn't much change Title Bar Font Or Menu bar Font or Icons Text etc etc.

I also see numerous posts everywhere on internet for the same problem & all answers are same as above.

So I was reading about Changing the Type of Fonts themselves e.g. from default Segoe UI to something like Verdana or Arial or Calibri etc. There it also gives you the choice of font size as large as you want just like in MS Word.

So my question is, is this the better solution ?

I don't have Windows -11 any more so I can't try it out myself but I am ordering a new system & wondering whether I shoud get it with Win-11 or Win-10 ?

Thank You
There are a number of third party utility programs which you could use at your own risk. Make sure you know what you're doing when you start changing the fonts and always make a backup of your installation before changing the fonts. If you adhere to the warning, you could try Winaero Tweaker.

Reactions: CountMike

dan99t

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
There are a number of third party utility programs which you could use at your own risk. Make sure you know what you're doing when you start changing the fonts and always make a backup of your installation before changing the fonts. If you adhere to the warning, you could try Winaero Tweaker

I looked up Winaero website & screenshots but I could not find any settings for Text size.
I would appreciate if you could point me to where that option is.
Thank You

I looked up Winaero website & screenshots but I could not find any settings for Text size.
I would appreciate if you could point me to where that option is.
Thank You
The fonts are controlled in the Advanced Appearance Settings section which is the 4th section down (counting Home as section 1, Bookmarks 2, Appearance 3). In Windows 11 its the 5th section down because there's a special Windows 11 section as section 3.

dan99t

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
If 225% scaling isn't good enough, the only other option is to reduce the resolution to mimic going larger as the image will normally stretch to fit the display.
I tried 225% scaling but then the fonts in Windows explorer were cut in half.
My Monitors are 24 inch with a native resolution of 1920 x 1200
So are you saying that I should try 1920 x 1050 ?

dan99t

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
There are a number of third party utility programs which you could use at your own risk. Make sure you know what you're doing when you start changing the fonts and always make a backup of your installation before changing the fonts. If you adhere to the warning, you could try Winaero Tweaker.

With Winaero, which fonts can you enlarge ?

The file & folder names in all my drives are so small that I can not read them unless I was one foot away from it but I am running 12 monitors each 24 inch so I need a distance of at least 4 to 5 feet in order to keep an eye on them & read texts.

I have never used any kind of Tweaker. So may be to clone an extra SSD in case something goes wrong ?

TRENDING THREADS