Can we download benchmarks?

gamercommunity619

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
I really wish i could.Why cant there be any? unless im going to be technicall ridiculed, isnt this going to make the lives of low spec gamers easier? I mean, people could download benchmarks to see how much fps they would get and not instead go to system requirements lab which give inaccurate results

Solution
For games with built-in benchmarks, you have to buy the games if you want to benchmark them on your PC. If you want more generic benchmarks, there is 3DMark and Unigine. The problem with synthetic benchmarks is that different games use system resources differently so 3DMark/Unigine benchmarks aren't necessarily representative of performance scaling.

InvalidError

Titan
For games with built-in benchmarks, you have to buy the games if you want to benchmark them on your PC. If you want more generic benchmarks, there is 3DMark and Unigine. The problem with synthetic benchmarks is that different games use system resources differently so 3DMark/Unigine benchmarks aren't necessarily representative of performance scaling.

Solution

gamercommunity619

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

but at least u cud get a rough fps measure right?
i mean heck, i thought splinter cell conviction would lag like hell but i actually got 30 fps when i played it

InvalidError

Titan

A "rough measurement" that isn't representative of any specific game and therefore mostly useless in determining the performance you can expect from anything else. If you look at graphics cards round-ups, how well game performance scales with GPUs' hypothetical performance varies considerably. In most cases, you cannot use any game to predict another game's performance with any accuracy beyond if a GPU struggles on a game that is generally considered lighter-weight, then it will struggle on everything else and conversely, a GPU that can handle the most demanding titles and settings will breeze through anything else. Anything in-between will be a mixed bag.

As for 30fps in Splinter Cell, if you can live with that, good for you. However, there is no shortage of people on THG who will tell you they consider 30fps as either unbearably low or marginally playable.