[SOLVED] Can we make ESP on M.2 SSD?

ADiTY4

Commendable
May 14, 2017
I installed m.2 ssd on my motherboard today and installed a fresh windows 10 on it via a bootable USB, everything was working fine.
Then, I decided to wipe out my old HDDs (I already had data backed up on a external HDD), I wiped all my HDDs clean with diskpart tool, it also wiped my Efi partition on one my drives, it was still working fine but after a reboot my pc won't boot up, I thought windows would have created a new efi on my m.2 ssd but it didn't, my m.2 has no EPS and so does the HDDs...
My question is it safe to create a EPS on a m.2 ssd? With the command prompt on windows diagnostic tool?
Or should I just reinstall windows on SSD
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
Mobo - msi B450 tomahawk max
Ram - 8x2 Corsair vengeance pro RGB
Boot drive - Corsair mp510 480gb M.2 ssd

Solution
It just means the boot sector was on the HDD - it's possible to repair this with some sophistication (repair via Windows boot media, with command prompt, or having another working PC with EasyBCD or similar to create a new boot table), or you can reformat. Also know that if you boot to the Windows media with UEFI mode it will format in UEFI, which means the BIOS will handle booting instead (thus avoiding this issue).

USAFRet

Titan
Or should I just reinstall windows on SSD

It just means the boot sector was on the HDD - it's possible to repair this with some sophistication (repair via Windows boot media, with command prompt, or having another working PC with EasyBCD or similar to create a new boot table), or you can reformat. Also know that if you boot to the Windows media with UEFI mode it will format in UEFI, which means the BIOS will handle booting instead (thus avoiding this issue).

Solution