[SOLVED] Can Win7 (32-bit) work with new pc components ?

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
please help........

i need to put my existing SSD with Win7 (32-bit) into a new basic pc.......it comes with a ASRock motherboard (B450M pro 4).....Ryzen 3 (3200g) CPU (also using the integrated graphics).......Crucial 8GB DDR4 2400mhz RAM.......

that's it.....no graphic card or anything else.......the guy putting the pc together for me said i'll need to upgrade to Win10 to use the new pc components......is that true ?

many thanks in advance......

Solution
you can work with e.g. Ubuntu as well

Win 7 32bit can address up to 4GB RAM
USB 3.0 drivers have to be implemented into a win 7 install media or you can´t use your mouse or keyboard, if these are USB devices. The new motherboard will not provide USB 2.0 ports at all. You could use a PS/2 keyboard/mouse though to install USB 3 drivers after boot with your current setup.

But like said, with new hardware you should always freshly install an operating system.

Backup all data you wanna keep

If you have win7 you can still update it to win10 for free

USAFRet

Titan
  1. Win 7 won't work with new components. Well, there are ways to do a clean install, but it is not pretty.
  2. Win 7 32bit can't speak to 8GB RAM.
  3. Moving a drive with already installed Win 7 to all new hardware is highly unlikely to work. It will simply fail to boot up

you can work with e.g. Ubuntu as well

Win 7 32bit can address up to 4GB RAM
USB 3.0 drivers have to be implemented into a win 7 install media or you can´t use your mouse or keyboard, if these are USB devices. The new motherboard will not provide USB 2.0 ports at all. You could use a PS/2 keyboard/mouse though to install USB 3 drivers after boot with your current setup.

But like said, with new hardware you should always freshly install an operating system.

Backup all data you wanna keep

If you have win7 you can still update it to win10 for free

Solution

TRENDING THREADS