Can Windows for refurbished PCs be used to clean install for another PCs OEM Windows

Yes ok

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015
I was trying to do a clean install using a Windows 7 home premium for "refurbished PCs" disk, but keep getting the "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing..."

I tried loading the drivers for my mother board(AsRock 890fx deluxe4) to a USB and trying to direct it to the drivers, but honestly I don't know what folder to point it to, or if this would work.

The Windows7 I am trying to clean install over is OEM and the disk is for refurbished PCs and all the components have been changed except the hard drive with no real problems.

I also tried to do a factory reset via the control panel options but when it checks for the DVD it tells me no Windows installation disk is detected. I have considered getting an actual windows disk but am hesitant as I don't know if I will for some reason get the same message. Any insight?

Solution
I ask where you buy it and the detail because I just want to make sure it is not the OEM windows for the OEM refurbished PCs, like dell, HP etc. If it is for those kind the refurbished PCs, you can't use it for other new MB, because it will lock the product Key to the MB you already activated.
1) You can't use the OEM PCs OS for the regular MB, like your AsRock 890fx deluxe4. You need other copy of windows for that asrock pc, because it is for the OEM motherboard only.
2) For boot the pc by either DVD disk or USB, you need go to the BIOS to change the boot order to either CD-rom or USB is the 1st boot priority order.

Yes ok

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015

Well the OEM itself has continued to work after changing the mother board and other components. I am curious about the "Windows 7 home premium for refurbished PCs." Which seems like it would be for this particular task, but I guess not?

Also what drivers or how should I direct the installation to the correct driver. Can I just point it at 1 folder so it can look through the sub folders or do I need to pick the exact folder with the right drivers in it? If the latter, which driver should I be looking for? A raid driver? A SATA driver? What does it want from me?

Sorry I misunderstood the OEM OS, I thought it came from the PC,like dell, HP OEM PC. If it is the regular OEM yes you can use it.

For the drivers, you need open the file named "Application with .exe" to install the driver. Usually you should go to the AMD site to get the newer one, like the chipset driver http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%208%20-%2032 you only need the chipset driver, USB, ahci ( if you use SSD ), if you use the RAID setup, you need the raid driver too, otherwise you don't need it.

Yes ok

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015

I have been trying to use the options which come up when I use the folders under this file path:

G:\New Folder\AllIn1(8.70a_WHQL)\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\SB7xx\AHCI

I have tried "scanning" folder labeled W7 and LH at the end of the file path for the drivers. I have tried some other folders but still get a message something like
"No new devices found. Ensure the device drivers are located on the installation media" or something to that effect. I have since starting this post installed a SSD and am using it as my boot drive. I can not understand why I can't use the disk for refurbished PCs to clean install.

Yes ok

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015
]

It did NOT come with the PC. I can't remember where I got it from. I did not get anything off the black market or anything so as far as I know it is real.
It looks like the picture in the top left https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+7+home+premium+for+refurbished+pc&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAoQ_AUoBGoVChMIlLSMot73yAIVg9kmCh2-bANN&biw=1600&bih=808

sorry I'm not sure how to post the proper picture.

I ask where you buy it and the detail because I just want to make sure it is not the OEM windows for the OEM refurbished PCs, like dell, HP etc. If it is for those kind the refurbished PCs, you can't use it for other new MB, because it will lock the product Key to the MB you already activated.

Solution

Yes ok

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015

I haven't gotten any dell or HPs that I can think of, so I don't think so....