Question Can windows soundcard work with VST fx like Reverbs?

mikehende

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2013
I would like to add effects like reverts and delays over the music playing in Spotify, youtube and any mp3 player. Normally VST effects plugins like Reverbs and Delays would be used for this but would need a HOST program like a Digital Audio Workstation [DAW] such as Ableton, Pro Tools e.t.c.

Is there any way to use these effects over windows internal sound card? If not, what's the closest way please?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

If there is a sound card installed then Windows could be using its' own audio drivers for the card.

What make and model sound card is installed?

Likely a matter of what hardware and/or software is truly supported with respect to the build in question.

I would like to add effects like reverts and delays over the music playing in Spotify, youtube and any mp3 player. Normally VST effects plugins like Reverbs and Delays would be used for this but would need a HOST program like a Digital Audio Workstation [DAW] such as Ableton, Pro Tools e.t.c.

Is there any way to use these effects over windows internal sound card? If not, what's the closest way please?
There a company called 3delite which offers some types of software that support VST but you would have to download the trial version to see if it does what you want. This is experimental territory.

https://www.3delite.hu/Object Pascal Developer Resources/DSWASAPIASIORouterMixer.html

Reactions: mikehende

mikehende

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2013
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

If there is a sound card installed then Windows could be using its' own audio drivers for the card.

What make and model sound card is installed?

Likely a matter of what hardware and/or software is truly supported with respect to the build in question.

I am referring to any pc and it's internal sound card, if there is way to use VST's with it.

Ralston18

Titan
Two parts to consider:

1) Most software companies provide a listing of the hardware necessary to run their product. The listing is usually in the form of "minimal", "recommended", and "best".

You do not want "minimal" and you do want as much "best " as you can afford.

Trial versions may or may not be fully functional. If not fully functional then that limits thorough testing of the software and the corresponding hardware requirements.

The trial version could, for example, disable some function or feature that could bottleneck performance. And you would not discover that until the fully functional version was installed.

2) Audio and audio effects are subjective in many ways and I agree with @dwd999 in the sense that all you can truly do is to try the software.

Especially in order to determine if the audio resulting effects,etc., do indeed meet your requirements.

For the most part you will need to try various VST applications and test them as consistently and thoroughly as you can.

Read the documentation carefully. Read the manufacturer's FAQs and Forums (if any). Pay attention to both what is said and what in not said.

Reactions: mikehende

mikehende

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2013
Right now I am looking at 2 resources [options] to try to use VST's with a windows pc's internal sound card but trying to contact their developers for help:

https://www.3delite.hu/MP4 Stream Editor/help/index.html