Can Wireless Router track history?

K Leo

Reputable
Jul 1, 2015
Might sound funny but I'm 18 years old and I make music. I had a soundcloud account and I'd post my songs there from my laptop without anyone knowing. Two days later I have my parents yelling at me and threatening to kick me out of the house if I did not delete my music. No one knew my account (didn't use my name) nor what website but they somehow found out and I'm guessing they saw the history of the wireless router? I post off my laptop and I'm solely connected on wifi, so thats what I'm guessing the reason they found out. They aren't too tech savvy but are there plans from Xfinity to see the web history from all devices connected? I'm creeped out honestly and I was wondering if I added a web proxy to my mac, web history would not appear or be seen, because music is my main interest.
-Million thanks - Kenny

It depends on how they found out about it. If they read all of the incoming and outgoing data on the router, there isnt much you can do. If they somehow read your history remotely, then using a proxy may help, im not an expert so I dont know for sure.

Reyaz123

Admirable
Open cmd and type in
Ipconfig /flushdns

They could be looking at your DNS cache

Or possibly a keylogger is connected to one of your USB ports tracking what you are typing

Change your password for SoundCloud too