[SOLVED] Can X570I Auorus Pro WiFi use a RTX 2070 GPU?

Jan 20, 2020
I think I messed up big time I accidently bought an ITX motherboard on Black Friday with a bunch of other things (AMD cpu, RTX2070GPU) when I got the stuff I built it up but was struggling to get the gpu to fit properly so I figuired I would get a riser cable when I get time (in the mean time I got busy with work and then went on holiday for the season to spend time with family etc.) when I got back early Jan work got me busy again and I didn't have time to go to shops or look online for the right stuff. Then I got time recently I read up on it and realised that ItX may not even support this GPU so before I fork out cash for a riser cable I need some serious help how bad did I screw up? If I went Intel CPU instead of AMD I could have at least had a working pc by November with the built in graphics. So I need some suggestions on what I can do? Given that I made this mistake on my own accord it's highly doubtful the shop will allow a replacement for an ATX and I can't really shell out the cash for one after just having bought a motherboard.

Jan 20, 2020
Can you post ALL the specs of your components as precisely as possible?
Sure I have 16GB of Aorus RAM DDR4.
the case is a Cosmos II from Coolermaster.
PSU is from Thermaltake 750W brand new Gold certificate. Forgot the name

Could it be that I may just need a different case because my current case is not meant for such a small board and it's causing the GPU not to fit? 😅 sorry laste time I knew a ton about pc's was back in x64 Athlon days

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
Sure I have 16GB of Aorus RAM DDR4.
the case is a Cosmos II from Coolermaster.
PSU is from Thermaltake 750W brand new Gold certificate. Forgot the name

Could it be that I may just need a different case because my current case is not meant for such a small board and it's causing the GPU not to fit? 😅 sorry laste time I knew a ton about pc's was back in x64 Athlon days

still not quite clear specs, but i'll try.

No, the motherboard is not too small for the case. The case supports mini-ITX, and your board is mini-ITX.
It seems like everything should fit nicely. Could you maybe post a picture of the GPU installed on the motherboard, inside of the case?
(Btw, if you're planning on getting a riser cable, you should bguy an entire riser set. Your case only supports single slot cards in it's vertical mount slot as far as I can see..)

Jan 20, 2020
still not quite clear specs, but i'll try.

No, the motherboard is not too small for the case. The case supports mini-ITX, and your board is mini-ITX.

It seems like everything should fit nicely. Could you maybe post a picture of the GPU installed on the motherboard, inside of the case?

(Btw, if you're planning on getting a riser cable, you should bguy an entire riser set. Your case only supports single slot cards in it's vertical mount slot as far as I can see..)

In my OP I said my problem is:
...I got the stuff I built it up but was struggling to get the gpu to fit properly...

TLDR my GPU doesn't want to fit inside the case on the motherboard and I don't want to force the gpu or mobo for fear of breaking something but sure I can take pics you'll see why I am concerned and why I don't want to force it down or force it into the slot as I may crack or even break the GPU.

Jan 20, 2020
ci60lDx.jpg
hq1d676.jpg
I6lLJp4.jpg
a5HtXCB.jpg
n1tBADK.jpg

Jan 20, 2020
I got it to fit much better last year but as stated I am fearful of cracking the card because I firmly believe this gpu won't fit as usually a gpu just slides in with some firm but gentle push here I feel like I have to force it and I don't want to.

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
Did you put up the little tab-thingy in your pci-e slot? If yes, it also could be our I/O-cover.

I am using that board, with a Zotac GTX 1080ti, so I see no reason why it would not work. Make sure the gpu tabs are fitting properly in your case.

since logainofhades's 1080ti is fotting, i'm not sure. maybe try to put in some other old gpu in the same pci-e slot (in you have one), to see if that one fits.

Jan 20, 2020
Hey guys sorry for the late reply I've been busy so I got the gpu in it seems the little hook on the mobo bent the thin metal so it was easy to fit it. So thanks all. Now my pc should work 😁