[SOLVED] Can you add a separate throttle to the Logitech 3D extreme joystick?

_Dude_of_Rock_

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014
Hey this probably isn't the right thread but I couldn't find a more suitable topic. I really like logitech extreme joystick but the throttle control is way too small for any real control for games like ED and I was just wondering is it possible to add a separate throttle that is bundled with a thrustmaster for instance and use that alongside this joystick? If anyone could share a bit of info on this would much appreciated.
Thanks,
Michael

Solution
I don't see why not, just plug in the other controller and map the controls. Even if you have to plug in the entire thrustmaster.

Depending on the throttle in question it may be capable of operating on its own, or you can buy dedicated throttles.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I don't see why not, just plug in the other controller and map the controls. Even if you have to plug in the entire thrustmaster.

Depending on the throttle in question it may be capable of operating on its own, or you can buy dedicated throttles.

Solution

_Dude_of_Rock_

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014
Oh that's good to know, yeah I just thought It would be cool to make own hotas set up just because the Logitech look so damn good to use. Yeah i had looked into a stand-alone throttle but I found they were really expensive, would you recommend any ones that aren't too pricey but are well made?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Nothing comes to mind. Not much of a user myself. I used to have the wireless extreme 3D pro a long time ago. Liked that one a lot compared to the square base of the wired one.

I have a thrustmaster HOTAS that I use occasionally. But most of the titles that require a flight stick don't keep my attention for very long.

I was a pretty heavy Battlefield 1942 user and I still occasionally pull out an old Wing Commander every know and then.