Question Can you add additional fans to closed loop liquid cooler?

Danib0y26

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Was going to purchase NZXT Kraken X72 Liquid CPU Cooler and was wondering if I can add addition fans to the other side of the cooler for a total of 6? Is that possible?

Was going to add 3 In Win Aurora RGB 120mm.

Danib0y26

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
yes in a push/pull or push/push configuration,

Ok awesome, I should add that my case is In Win D Frame 2 so the motherboard is inverted with all the ports will be located at the top of the case, the gpu will be vertical and you can only have 6 fans I think in this case (still trying to work out best solution for my build)

So the case allows for fans to pull air from the front and then push air up from the bottom so I’m thinking best solution will be to have the closed loop cpu cooler mounted at the front of the case with and additional 3 fans on the back side of it.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You get 90mm max for depth on the 3-in-one adapter that supports the front radiator. 2x fans at 25mm and a 27mm thick rad totals 77mm so count it as at least 80mm thick push/pull. The front is the only place that'll fit as the 3-in-one on bottom only fits 65mm.

Danib0y26

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
You get 90mm max for depth on the 3-in-one adapter that supports the front radiator. 2x fans at 25mm and a 27mm thick rad totals 77mm so count it as at least 80mm thick push/pull. The front is the only place that'll fit as the 3-in-one on bottom only fits 65mm.

Sorry you're speaking a foreign language to me right now haha (not incredibly technical this will be my first build) in lamens terms are you saying the only place to mount the 360 all in one liquid cooler plus the additional 3 fans is on the front this case? With additional fans attached to the cooler?

Edit: I know the top is out of the question due to how the motherboard mounts in this case, so I need air pulling from the front and being pushed up from the bottom by another three fans due to the way the case is designed.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The Inwin D 2.0 is an open frame design. Just a bunch of tubes. It comes with a adapter plate with 3x 120mm fan holes and 2x adapter plates with 1x 120mm hole.

The radiator attaches to that adapter plate, 3 fans go under the radiator and 3 fans go on top, the radiator ends up looking like a hotdog in a bun. The adapter plate mounts to the framework.

You are allowed a total of 90mm thickness for the front mount position, any more than that and you interfere with the motherboard.

Each fan is 25mm thick, the radiator is 27mm thick. Total 77mm hotdog bun. So you have a little room to spare in push/pull but not much.

According to Inwin, the 3 fan position on the bottom is only allowed 65mm. So your hotdog bun would be too thick and interfere with the bottom of the motherboard.

Inwin says push/pull front mount only.

Danib0y26

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
The Inwin D 2.0 is an open frame design. Just a bunch of tubes. It comes with a adapter plate with 3x 120mm fan holes and 2x adapter plates with 1x 120mm hole.

The radiator attaches to that adapter plate, 3 fans go under the radiator and 3 fans go on top, the radiator ends up looking like a hotdog in a bun. The adapter plate mounts to the framework.

You are allowed a total of 90mm thickness for the front mount position, any more than that and you interfere with the motherboard.

Each fan is 25mm thick, the radiator is 27mm thick. Total 77mm hotdog bun. So you have a little room to spare in push/pull but not much.

According to Inwin, the 3 fan position on the bottom is only allowed 65mm. So your hotdog bun would be too thick and interfere with the bottom of the motherboard.

Inwin says push/pull front mount only.

Wow thanks so much for the info,

1. So just to make sure I got it, Hot dog bun the front with the NZXT Kraken X72 Liquid CPU Cooler just add the additinal fans to it and make sure it’s in a push pull config pulling from the front pushing into the case.

2. Mount additional fans at the bottom of the case.

I’m just hoping I can mount the 2X adapter plates at the front and attached the NZXT Kraken X72 Liquid CPU Cooler to that I think I should be able to?

And attache the 3X adapter plate at the bottom so I can directly attache 3X 120mm fans to, this shoukd be possible right?