[SOLVED] Can you control a 3pin RGB fan?

Jul 3, 2020
Hi, Im new to PC building, recently I bought some 120mm aigo rgb fans, however each fan came with a 3pin connector and molex connector. My question is: is there a fan hub for me to use to be able to control the rgb colors of my fans? (set them a specific color such as white, blue, etc.) currently im just using the molex connectors to power up my fan but its messing up with my cable management. Please help.

Solution
If those are the only connectors, then there is either only single color LED lighting on those fans, not changeable RGB OR there is maybe a physical switch on the fans someplace to change the colors. There has to be some kind of RGB specific connector in order to change via software. No two ways around that. Maybe it's simply misleading naming to call them "RGB" fans. IDK, since I can't really find the specific info on them but that's what I WAS able to find anyhow.
I can't find any product information on those fans. I can't even find the company website or a product support page for them. This is the problem with buying product lines that are primarily only offered on Aliexpress, Lazada and sites like it. They have no international presence and rarely do these companies offer anything substantial when it comes to product information. They are "swap meet" type product manufacturers and while I realize you are in a region where some product brands are more expensive and more difficult to come by, there's a reason why they are worth the premium.

Without being able to find product information on those fans, I'm afraid I can be much help. My guess is that they are extremely cheap fans, and can only be powered at 100% speed via four pin molex while the three pin connection may be for connecting to an RGB controller but without some kind of product information there is no way to know WHICH controllers might be compatible, whether it needs to be the addressable type or not, etc.

Jul 3, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to research, I bought these fana off of Lazada as they were a pretty good deal and have lots of good reviews. Fault's with me for no researching enough, and now a learned my lesson. Thanks again!

Do the connections on your fan look exactly like this?

With both the four pin Molex and three pin standard fan connectors on the same cable?

connector.jpg

If those are the only connectors, then there is either only single color LED lighting on those fans, not changeable RGB OR there is maybe a physical switch on the fans someplace to change the colors. There has to be some kind of RGB specific connector in order to change via software. No two ways around that. Maybe it's simply misleading naming to call them "RGB" fans. IDK, since I can't really find the specific info on them but that's what I WAS able to find anyhow.

Reactions: digitalgriffin
Solution
Jul 3, 2020
Thanks for all of your replies. I do apologize for my late response, I was at a place with no internet for a week. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.