[SOLVED] Can you control Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition CPU Cooler with MSI Mystic Light?

Mar 7, 2020
Hello everyone.
I'm thinking about buying the Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition for my CPU Ryzen 5 3600, and I've seen it has its own RGB controller, but I was wondering if I don't wanna use it and only use the MSI Mystic Light for the RGB stuff do I just not plug the controller in or do I plug it somewhere else in the motherboard?
Thank you in advance

Solution
If your MB has the RGB (12V/G/R/B) header, you can plug the fan into the MB, and use the msi mystic light software.

Keep in mind, any RGB fan has two connectors, one is for power, which will be connected to the MB sys_fan or cha_fan header, other one is for light, which will be connected to GRB header. And there are two types of the RGB headers, one is the aRGB 3pins ( 5V/D/G), other one is the RGB 4pins(12V/G/R/B). Don't mix them, if you do, and you will kill the RGB header or the MB.
If your MB has the RGB (12V/G/R/B) header, you can plug the fan into the MB, and use the msi mystic light software.

Keep in mind, any RGB fan has two connectors, one is for power, which will be connected to the MB sys_fan or cha_fan header, other one is for light, which will be connected to GRB header. And there are two types of the RGB headers, one is the aRGB 3pins ( 5V/D/G), other one is the RGB 4pins(12V/G/R/B). Don't mix them, if you do, and you will kill the RGB header or the MB.

Solution