[SOLVED] Can you Control PWM Fans Not In The BIOS?

hopkins802

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
Hi all,

I have the Fractal Design S36. I switched the pump to PWM fans, and then jumped into the Bios, went to Q-Fan control and set a basic curve. The fans seem to be ramping up before they hit that mark of 50C, so I was going to try and tweak the curve. For some reason, when I try to grab the points on the graph, they all of a sudden jump around and then get stuck and I don't have accurate control over them... Is there any way to override the BIOS Q-Fan using a desktop app to create a curve that way? Any idea why I can't control the graph like I should be able to?

Solution
from what i could find as info from pump and motherboard you should connect pump to aoi header and leave it on auto and the fans in the cpu fans header since some pump are made to run at full speed .

hopkins802

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
name and model of motherboard with cooler and where you did connect the pump on board .

Asus ROG Strix x299 E-Gaming, Fractal Design S36, connected to the CPUFan header. I ended up running a "fan optimization" test in the BIOS and it suggested a curve, which I was then able to tweak. Not quite sure if that fixed it yet as I haven't gone back in to try and tweak it again.