Can you copy Data partition to a new partition and delete the old one?

deeradz04

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
I recently reinstalled Windows 8.1 to my Samsung 840 evo SSD (had a major problem with a virus so I had to reinstall). This time installing the OS, it made a 100mb partition marked as "(E: Data", and the files on the drive take up 99.0mb. Every 2 minutes or so I get a notification popup telling me to make room on this drive using disc cleanup. Its really annoying and disc cleanup cannot free up any space on the drive. I was wondering if you could make a new partition (off my 2tb HDD preferably, SSD if necessary), copy the data folder over to that drive, and delete the old partition. Would it be bad for windows? Is there a way to shut off the notification? Or can I just expand the E partition to be 150 or 200mb? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, when I click on the drive in the "My PC" section, nothing shows up as a folder or any type of file, but it says that the drive is using 99mb of space.

deeradz04

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014

What exactly will that do? Will it integrate the drive into the boot drive or something?