[SOLVED] Can you do a 240mm Push/Pull on this brace?

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
So imagine 4 x 120 fans and a 240mm radiator. Is it possible to push/pull without the brace getting in the way or creating a gap that interferes with static pressure?

radstand120mmbig1-1-2.jpg

Solution
yes you can but if you are worried about SP you can get some rubber gaskets but you might need longer UNC 6/32 screws thats if the rad has those depends on the rad some have m3 or m4 XSPC are UNC 6/32 screws if you do i have used those rad backets in push/pull config in the past

sorry just one warning if you do get larger screws and gaskets then measure the screws carefully cause if they are too large they will damage your rad

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
yes you can but if you are worried about SP you can get some rubber gaskets but you might need longer UNC 6/32 screws thats if the rad has those depends on the rad some have m3 or m4 XSPC are UNC 6/32 screws if you do i have used those rad backets in push/pull config in the past

sorry just one warning if you do get larger screws and gaskets then measure the screws carefully cause if they are too large they will damage your rad

Last edited:
Solution

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013

The radiator in question will in fact be the 240mm radiator that will be part of the evga 3080 Hybrid. As it's not released yet I really don't know about the radiator screw hole sizes, I'll take your advice and get what you recommended and then maybe a thinner version just in case?

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
the old gaskets i have are about 5mm thick, if you have enough room for the thicker rad then get that one i dont think you will need the gaskets. i still have mine but never needed them with the push pull the air should flow through fine on the 2080 hybrid the rad looks like about 25- 30 mm thick so thats 25 + 25 for fans then say 30mm for the rad as long as you have 80mm + clearance you should be ok wait till the Graphics card is released then you will know for certain the room you have to use

Reactions: yaggaz