[SOLVED] Can you download moves onto a disk?

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
I actually have multiple questions, I can’t find a definitive answer online, but if I have a movie, or tv show I own on a digital platform like Amazon Video, not a service like Netflix, can I / do I have the right to download a movie or a tv show onto a disk to watch? I know you can download video on to your device, but televisions don’t really have storage, and you can’t transport the video with you. You see, I have super slow internet, and it goes out often. If I had a dvd I could watch stuff without an internet speed bottleneck so I could watch it in high definition, and I think it would be nice to have a dvd library. Will this also work vice versa? If there was a movie or tv show that’s cheaper on dvd, can I upload it to a service and I can stream it anywhere? Or are these two things supposed to remain separate?

Solution
If there was a movie or tv show that’s cheaper on dvd, can I upload it to a service and I can stream it anywhere? Or are these two things supposed to remain separate?
If you have the disk you can RIP it to a folder on your HDD and then use Plex Media Server to stream it in house or remotely from any device. Super easy to set up. Just download the server platform on the Plex login. Also lots of YouTube tutorials out there.

If there was a movie or tv show that’s cheaper on dvd, can I upload it to a service and I can stream it anywhere? Or are these two things supposed to remain separate?
If you have the disk you can RIP it to a folder on your HDD and then use Plex Media Server to stream it in house or remotely from any device. Super easy to set up. Just download the server platform on the Plex login. Also lots of YouTube tutorials out there.

Solution