Can you feel the effect of a FPS drop when the FPS stays above your refresh rate?

raze23redz

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
I was wondering if i lower my refresh rate for example to 100Hz do i notice the effect of a FPS drop that stays above 100fps.
Because when i'm playing games and i play at 144hz you definitely notice the FPS drop if it goes below 144FPS but will lowering refresh rate help?

Solution
You can but it won't be able to see the frames drop specificly. You might see some stuttering or some screen tearing where it looks like it's getting ripped in half for a split second. These things are fixed with variable refresh rate technologies like AMD FreeSync and Nvidia G-Sync but other than that bot sure what else you might see.

Can't you just try it and find out? :p

PleaseReheat

Commendable
May 19, 2016
You can but it won't be able to see the frames drop specificly. You might see some stuttering or some screen tearing where it looks like it's getting ripped in half for a split second. These things are fixed with variable refresh rate technologies like AMD FreeSync and Nvidia G-Sync but other than that bot sure what else you might see.

Solution