[SOLVED] Can you fit 3 gpus in an Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro?

Sep 23, 2020
Got myself into a bit of a mess. The setup.

Thermaltake v200 case
Gigabyte Aorus Pro mobo
MSI RX 5600 XT, 6GB (main gpu)
PowerColor RX 5500 XT, 8GB (2nd gpu)
MSI RX 570 , 8GB (3rd gpu, arrives 9/25)

My third card hasn't come in yet and I don't see any way it'll fit without some alternate solution like a riser cable with vertical stand/bracket?

I'll get what I need now to make it work for now, so any suggestions/guidance you could provide would be appreciated.

Got myself into a bit of a mess. The setup.

Thermaltake v200 case
Gigabyte Aorus Pro mobo
MSI RX 5600 XT, 6GB (main gpu)
PowerColor RX 5500 XT, 8GB (2nd gpu)
MSI RX 570 , 8GB (3rd gpu, arrives 9/25)

My third card hasn't come in yet and I don't see any way it'll fit without some alternate solution like a riser cable with vertical stand/bracket?

I'll get what I need now to make it work for now, so any suggestions/guidance you could provide would be appreciated.
I'd be more concerned that the case will fit it... the third card will probably go over the edge of the board and interfere with the top of the PSU shroud. Even if it does fit it's fans will be sucking on metal, meaning no airflow.

While the 2nd PCIe x16 slot is wired for 4 lanes and might not be too noticeable the 3rd slot is wired for only 2 PCIe lanes, severely impacting card performance.

When you populate the 2nd slot you lose use of the 2nd M.2 NVME and when you populate the third slot you lose 2 additional SATA ports. So fully populated you'll have only the first M.2 for an NVME and the first two SATA ports for additional drives, 3 drives max in total. Keep that in mind also.

It's a squeeze on B550, but a shoo-in for X570; it's pretty much the raison d'etre for them actually.

Last edited:
Reactions: packphour
Sep 23, 2020
I would suggest going with Cougar panzer evo /RGB was it is a very big and beautiful E-ATX case. Also it supports 4 GPUs on a 390mm maximum length.

It is half the price of a C700M

Sep 23, 2020
Why 3 GPUs? What PSU are you using to power them?

Note the specs page for your motherboard (expansion slots). Depending on your storage config, you are going to lose the use of some PCIe slots/lanes. Three GPUs are going to saturate this system:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-PRO-rev-10/sp#sp

1. Why?
A: Setting up for eventual crypto mining

2. What PSU?
A: Gamedias Kratos M1 750w. Was going to upgrade this next if I didn't need to do the case first.

3. System saturation.
A: Agreed, that's why I came here for what options you all had for my situation. Thanks!

Sep 23, 2020
You're right on the first two paragraphs, part of why I'm here for any suggestions.

I'm not as concerned about the second nvme slot, but I appreciate the extra info.

I'd be more concerned that the case will fit it... the third card will probably go over the edge of the board and interfere with the top of the PSU shroud. Even if it does fit it's fans will be sucking on metal, meaning no airflow.

While the 2nd PCIe x16 slot is wired for 4 lanes and might not be too noticeable the 3rd slot is wired for only 2 PCIe lanes, severely impacting card performance.

When you populate the 2nd slot you lose use of the 2nd M.2 NVME and when you populate the third slot you lose 2 additional SATA ports. So fully populated you'll have only the first M.2 for an NVME and the first two SATA ports for additional drives, 3 drives max in total. Keep that in mind also.

It's a squeeze on B550, but a shoo-in for X570; it's pretty much the raison d'etre for them actually.

Sep 23, 2020
I would suggest going with Cougar panzer evo /RGB was it is a very big and beautiful E-ATX case. Also it supports 4 GPUs on a 390mm maximum length.

It is half the price of a C700M

Two things.

1. Is the Max-G version of the case just as good?
https://www.amazon.com/Cougar-Panzer-Full-Sized-Tempered-Version/dp/B07YN2H66T

2. Are the mobo headers below the 3rd gpu slot not a concern? That's partly why I was asking about a pci riser cable.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81-oPcGdL1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks

Sep 23, 2020
For long term, sustained use, you need 1000w+ for three GPUs. $150 will get you a PSU shaped object.

While you my be getting away with it for now, I highly recommend you not connect a 3rd GPU to your existing PSU.

I have another PC that could use it. Was just hoping to see what I could do with all 3 in one. Thanks.

Sep 23, 2020