[SOLVED] Can you fit ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2060 Twin Fan on Dell Optiplex 9020 Minitower?

Joseph_152

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017
I have a Dell Optiplex 9020 Minitower and I was planning to upgrade it by buying a new video card. I was eyeing the ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2060 Twin Fan. The only problem is i don't know if it will fit? Can it fit?

Note: The PSU is already upgraded so that is not a problem anymore.

Solution
2060 should fit here somehow....

But the case itself is tragic, if it comes to good air flow inside.

You can buy a new card (measure size first, if it fits), BUT IF the temps inside will go too high, i'd suggest to buy new case for those components. You need to check on that.

Also check if You can install some fan at the front of the case for air intake. Maybe there are some holes at the front and the fan could suck some air from there?

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
This model comes with different versions of case.
To check this out, You need to unmount the cover of the case and measure the sizes.

Another thing - what specs are inside? PSU/Mobo/Ram/CPU? This case doesn't seem like best one for cooling tbh....

Joseph_152

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017
This model comes with different versions of case.
To check this out, You need to unmount the cover of the case and measure the sizes.

Another thing - what specs are inside? PSU/Mobo/Ram/CPU? This case doesn't seem like best one for cooling tbh....

Umm the PSU is a 450 watts, the mobo is still the default mobo that comes with the prebuilt cpu, the ram is 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance, and the CPU is Intel I7-4790(non K).

I'm not gonna overclock it or anything. Should I still be worried about the cooling?

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
RTX 2060 is OK(ish) for this setup.

450W should be good enough, but it has to be reliable PSU. Post the exact model on the forum to check on that. I'm not a PSU expert, won't help You with this. It's very often, that pre-built setups come with crappy PSUs.

Should I still be worried about the cooling?
Honestly - no idea. RTX 2060 works in about 70C. It is not that much, but if Your rig is small, with no air flow, You can experience some problems with heat inside (dunno which version of the case You have). The absolute minimum for gaming rigs should be 2 case fans (1 front for air intake, and 1 back for the output)
Check what fans You have and if You can - install some to ensure some air flow.

About the size - try to post a picture of Your rig. The best would be with unmounted cover / side wall (put link to the picture here)

Is this the right case? https://b.allegroimg.com/original/0c7e49/158ee52b4fe681832262f72f6a7b

Last edited:

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019

You can buy a new card (measure size first, if it fits), BUT IF the temps inside will go too high, i'd suggest to buy new case for those components. You need to check on that.

Also check if You can install some fan at the front of the case for air intake. Maybe there are some holes at the front and the fan could suck some air from there?

Reactions: Joseph_152
Solution

Joseph_152

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017

Thank you very much for all your answers and tips.