[SOLVED] Can you fix a lost pin on an RGB Header?

FranticSkunk

Reputable
Aug 31, 2019
Hello!

I've just noticed that the RGB on one of my fans isn't working and so upon closer inspection, I've some how managed to lose a pin on my RGB Header, this header is a wire that connects to my pump (Corsair H115i Pro) and so I'm guessing if I wanted to get this RGB to work again I'd need to buy a whole new cooler although there must be another way?

For whatever reason I couldn't attach a photo so I've uploaded it here you go: https://ibb.co/vHMKY2X

Solution
You can in various ways. The ideal way would be to figure out what kind of pin it was (it's probably a 0.1" or 0.05" pitch header pin), take out the wire, install a new crimp with the pin, and shove it back into the connector. There's also the MacGuyver way by taking any metal pin (like say a sewing needle) that is roughly the same size, shoving it through the connector, and finding a way to connect it to the appropriate wire.

But otherwise yes, it's fixable.
You can in various ways. The ideal way would be to figure out what kind of pin it was (it's probably a 0.1" or 0.05" pitch header pin), take out the wire, install a new crimp with the pin, and shove it back into the connector. There's also the MacGuyver way by taking any metal pin (like say a sewing needle) that is roughly the same size, shoving it through the connector, and finding a way to connect it to the appropriate wire.

But otherwise yes, it's fixable.

Reactions: FranticSkunk
Solution