Question Can you format your SSD?

Klaz49

Reputable
Sep 26, 2019
Sorry if im remembering this wrong, or if im remembering the wrong thing, but I thought I heard you cant format an SSD because its bad for it since its not a mechanical drive?
If so, how would I go about completely deleting all the files on my SSD and re-installing windows? safely?

Sorry if im remembering this wrong, or if im remembering the wrong thing, but I thought I heard you cant format an SSD because its bad for it since its not a mechanical drive?
If so, how would I go about completely deleting all the files on my SSD and re-installing windows? safely?
You can format an SSD just as any other storage device. They do have a theoretical limit to number of writes but it's quite large number. in normal use expected to last for many years. Formatting and reinstalling Windows may take only 0.001% of it's expected life span.

Klaz49

Reputable
Sep 26, 2019
You can format an SSD just as any other storage device. They do have a theoretical limit to number of writes but it's quite large number. in normal use expected to last for many years. Formatting and reinstalling Windows may take only 0.001% of it's expected life span.
So i'd just do it as I normally would? Boot with windows CD and reformat there?