[SOLVED] Can you get used to high clamping force on gaming headsets

May 19, 2020
Hi guys. New here. So i tried a few headsets in the last few months, and all of them had too high clamping force for me. And i tried around 10 headsets. So my question is, is there any way i could get "used to" the high clamp because i would prefer that from a practical standpoint, cause the headset i use rn always falls of my head and sits very loose.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help :)

Solution
Hi guys. New here. So i tried a few headsets in the last few months, and all of them had too high clamping force for me. And i tried around 10 headsets. So my question is, is there any way i could get "used to" the high clamp because i would prefer that from a practical standpoint, cause the headset i use rn always falls of my head and sits very loose.

Cooler Master MH751 are very comfortable, Philips SHP9500 also very easy on the head (although those are not headsets since no mic). There are some headphones you can lower clamping force on over time, some stretch the headband for a bit (carefully so you don't snap anything) or use a headphone holder that is wider and stretches it...
May 19, 2020
What make and model headsets?

Those you like/use, those that are too tight, etc....?

Any with replaceable ear padding?
So actually after reading my post again i wrote that wrong, not everyone of the headsets i tested had high clamp, but the ones that fit the best, which are headsets with sviveling earcups(like the hyperx cloud stinger wireless) had high clamp. and those are the designs i like cause headsets with designs like the hyperx cloud 2 dont fit well and put all the preassure to my jaw. im not a big fan of velour earcups so i didnt try them on the cloud 2. and another question, can anyone tell me if the hyperx cloud flight has high clamping force? i really like the idea of wireless headsets but the cloud stinger wireless and corsair hs70 were too tight

Ralston18

Titan
Thinner padding may help but how much actual comfort that will add or even take away is subjective.

I did read a few comments from others who found the headsets too tight (clamping).

It is cheaper for manufacturer's to make "one size fits all" products.

There may or may not be some way to "stretch" the headsets to the point where they will loosen up and not fit so tightly. E.g., put them on a ball or other object slightly larger than your head. Maybe some flexing to open and loosen up the headsets.

However, I would not recommend doing either one without some study of the headset(s) and how they are made. Over do it and the headset could break.

You may need to reconsider the budget and purchase headsets that meet your fidelity requirements and are truly adjustable.

May 19, 2020
Thinner padding may help but how much actual comfort that will add or even take away is subjective.

I did read a few comments from others who found the headsets too tight (clamping).

It is cheaper for manufacturer's to make "one size fits all" products.

There may or may not be some way to "stretch" the headsets to the point where they will loosen up and not fit so tightly. E.g., put them on a ball or other object slightly larger than your head. Maybe some flexing to open and loosen up the headsets.

However, I would not recommend doing either one without some study of the headset(s) and how they are made. Over do it and the headset could break.

You may need to reconsider the budget and purchase headsets that meet your fidelity requirements and are truly adjustable.
ok well thanks for the help. so its not like if i wear a headset for a month ill get used to it and it will be comfortable. makes sense headphones are not like shoes where you wear them for a week and they adjust to your foot (or head in this case lol).

I use the Corsair Void Pro headphones, and they are pretty light on pressure, in my opinion. They stay on well enough, but not really if you move around to fast, but for all normal use, they stay on my head pretty well. Something to look into, and I think there is a wireless model too.

D

Deleted member 217926

I have some headphones with pretty high clamp force. The Sennheiser HD600, HD650 and the Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro all squeeze pretty hard out of the box. But they break in over time and if they're too much for you to wait, can be bent if you do it carefully. I imagine the same is true for any 'gaming' headset. You might google the specific models and see if it can be done safely.

May 19, 2020
I have some headphones with pretty high clamp force. The Sennheiser HD600, HD650 and the Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro all squeeze pretty hard out of the box. But they break in over time and if they're too much for you to wait, can be bent if you do it carefully. I imagine the same is true for any 'gaming' headset. You might google the specific models and see if it can be done safely.
im just gonna get a hyperx cloud stinger wireless again, or a corsair hs70 pro. cause the fit on those were perfect but the clamp was tight. But i was dumb and only tried them for 1 day and if i get one of those now im gonna test it for like 3 weeks or something to see if they break in

Cooler Master MH751 are very comfortable, Philips SHP9500 also very easy on the head (although those are not headsets since no mic). There are some headphones you can lower clamping force on over time, some stretch the headband for a bit (carefully so you don't snap anything) or use a headphone holder that is wider and stretches it. Really depends on your head size and the headphones you get.

Solution