[SOLVED] Can you get warranty from amd bent pins if not your fault?

Mar 6, 2021
I bought an and ryzen 7 3700x from newegg back in January but was waiting for a gpu. By the time I got a gpu it was february and I was able to get my first system working. The stock cooler brock though, and I had 2 days to get a replacement from Newegg. I shipped it off a perfect working undamaged cpu and a broken stock cooler. They didn't accept because the pins were bent in shipping and I got back from newegg a broken cpu. Is there anyway and will accept warranty?

Solution
If the cpu/cooler were returned to newegg in the original box, repacked correctly in the plastic shell the cpu originally came in etc, there's no way the pins got 'bent' in shipping unless the box was almost totally destroyed/crushed.

So eirh you bent the pins unknowingly when repackaging, you failed to use the original factory method of packaging or newegg unpacked them and bent the pins while reading/verifying serial numbers of the cpu.
you can make a claim with the shipper, but you'll probably be SOL with AMD, the good news is that bent pins can be straightened out using the barrel of a mechanical pencil and aligned using a credit card - observe ESD precautions.

you can try to RMA to AMD, maybe they'll make an exception... but that's a roll of the dice

Reactions: drea.drechsler

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If the cpu/cooler were returned to newegg in the original box, repacked correctly in the plastic shell the cpu originally came in etc, there's no way the pins got 'bent' in shipping unless the box was almost totally destroyed/crushed.

So eirh you bent the pins unknowingly when repackaging, you failed to use the original factory method of packaging or newegg unpacked them and bent the pins while reading/verifying serial numbers of the cpu.

Solution