[SOLVED] Can you guys help me figure out if the Asus TUF B450m Pro Gaming is a good motherboard?

May 26, 2021
Hello guys, im planning on building my first pc and I'm quite familiar with the specs of a pc, except with motherboards. There are 2 cpu option for me to go with my build(Ryzen 5 3600/2600) and im planning on overclocking either option. All I know is that B450m boards are better than A320m since it features overclocking, rgb sync, etc. I had a particular liking for the Asus TUF B450m Pro since it also features aura sync which is what im going for aesthetics for my build, though im not so sure how good is that board in terms of overclocking and overall performance. Can I have some advices or tips?

Solution
Hello guys, im planning on building my first pc and I'm quite familiar with the specs of a pc, except with motherboards. There are 2 cpu option for me to go with my build(Ryzen 5 3600/2600) and im planning on overclocking either option. All I know is that B450m boards are better than A320m since it features overclocking, rgb sync, etc. I had a particular liking for the Asus TUF B450m Pro since it also features aura sync which is what im going for aesthetics for my build, though im not so sure how good is that board in terms of overclocking and overall performance. Can I have some advices or tips?
The -Pro has good VRM design with good heatsinking, more than enough for even 8 core CPU's, even overclocked. You might want to...
The -Pro has good VRM design with good heatsinking, more than enough for even 8 core CPU's, even overclocked. You might want to overclock the 2600 but 3600's can usually return better over-all performance with an upgraded CPU cooler when you let the algorithm control things . Just enable PBO and go.

If it's actually the Pro-S variant (double check for that) it's a great board even for 16 core CPU's.

Otherwise, it's nicely featured for an mATX, pretty much only lacking a USB-C header for front panel attachment if your case has one. It does have a USB-C on the back panel though as well as two M.2 sockets.

Just avoid the TUF B450m-PLUS, it has a dog of a VRM.

Last edited:
Solution