[SOLVED] can you guys help me to overclock to the best setting for my system?

Emir1994

Reputable
Apr 24, 2016
Hello best people,
can you guys help me to clock my system? have MSI afterburner but i do not want to take to much risk,
I want to optimize my PC to the best.

my system info:
Motherboard: Asus- Z97-P
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 MHz, 4 core('s).
HD: 1TB
RAM: 16GB
MSI: GTX 1060 6GB
and i got a PSU of a 550

i noticed the slider for the power limit doesn't get further than 108%
and temp limit doesn't get further than 97% but i don't know if that is a PSU thing or not some times i feel the psu doesn't generate much power to the hardware efficently. but that is my theory tho.

Solution
I would just set the power limit and temperature limit sliders all the way, set a custom fan curve I'm comfortable with, and call it a day; Gpu Boost will handle the rest.
No point in doing more than that, because it'll just make your cpu work harder, and it's already limited as it is.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I would just set the power limit and temperature limit sliders all the way, set a custom fan curve I'm comfortable with, and call it a day; Gpu Boost will handle the rest.
No point in doing more than that, because it'll just make your cpu work harder, and it's already limited as it is.

Solution

Emir1994

Reputable
Apr 24, 2016
do you know if i for example get a better PSU that i am able to set the sliders beyond that they are now?
and thanks for your reply btw!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No, it doesn't work that way. The max limit is already set in bios.
To see your particular gpu's maximum power limit, download and run Gpu-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/
Click on the Advanced tab, and then the drop-down box. Select Nvidia bios. It'll be there in the Power Limit section.

Power limits aside, the gpu operating temps affect boost clocks as well; Nvidia's 10, 16, and 20 series are temperature sensitive.